• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Trunk Lock

BigJim

Some how we lost the trunk lock. I got a new trunk lock kit from CJ and had the local locksmith re-key the cylinder to match the other locks. The problem is I can't figure out how to install it. The instructions don't make a lot of sense and the diagrams make even lesser sense. Can someone please post some pictures showing how the lock installs in the trunk?

Thanks

franklinair

Don't have a photo, BUT- if you go to CJ PONY PARTS and type in trunk lock, it shows a picture of the lock cylinder, and adjacent to it, the extension that goes from the cylinder to the trunk lock release mechanism.
The cylinder is held in place by the spring (horse shoe) retainer inside the trunk. The extension piece is what releases the release mechanism.
Hope this helps.

Neil

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

The parts pic on CJ's site doesn't help. I need to see what it looks like installed. That's just the way I am with mechanical things.

gtcs1

photos

Here you are, photos of my car.

Trunk lock was never removed. See if that helps. If you need more, let me know.

Pierre gtcs1

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

Those pics showed me what I needed. Lock is now installed.

Thanks.