• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Help I found my old stang

Kcamp

Im trying to set a fair price with the seller. I sold this car in 1983 and just found it rotting in a field. Here is the vin #8R01J159445 He still hasnt called me back with the door code. It has a 302 wich is out and apart but complete. The hood is delux but no hood locks. the grill is correct dont no if lucas or marshall lights. All the fiber Glass is originall. The car does have some rust around the rear quarters. I dont think its a GT because the rear valence does not have cutouts for the dual exhaust. It has a bench seat i remember a foot controlled pedal for the windshield wipers no ac no upper or lower consoles, and no clock. What do you guys think.

RacingFan

If you sold the car in 1983, wouldn't you already know most of the information about the car?? If you are starting from scratch, call Marti with the VIN and run another report on it. Bench seats are rather rare, as you know. Is it actually located in a field? If the rear wheel wells are rusty, you are probably looking at replacing floor pans as well. Thats quite a project, considering that you are going to have to do an engine rebilid as well. I would start bidding pretty low, maybe $500-$1000.