• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Interesting Detail I found in Marti Reports

P

PNewitt

Since I'm receiving a lot of (copies of) Marti Reports, I'm noticing something interesting that I've never seen before--until now.

GT/CSs starting from a VIN in the 130,500+ range, to about the 141,500+ range mostly have NO dealership listing on the (Deluxe or Elite) Reports.

Instead, they have FORD, or a regional office (such as San Jose or Los Angeles) listing. Once that information was directed to the invoice, the data trail ends, as far as which dealership sold the car.

There is a reason for this. Ford didn't officially show this Mustang off to the dealers until Feb 15th in L.A., and about Feb 30th at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco. So--there were NO dealer orders reflected in the production invoice for those cars between (about) 130K to 141K VIN #s.

What Ford did was make a handfull of cars for stock for about two weeks (maybe 100 cars), and use them to get out to dealers just as the promotion was beginning. Major advertising didn't happen until mid-March. Ford district offices dealt these cars out to dealerships, presumably to the larger ones that had higher sales volume.

If you have a car built before Feb 15th, your Marti probably reflects this information. The handful of cars used for the party in L.A. were among those cars. I still intend to locate those cars!

If you own a pre-141K VIN'd GT/CS, you have some more interesting history to tell.

Paul N.