• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Aftermarket opinions?

rvrtrash

I'm getting ready to order some stuff for my restoration, specifically the right front inner fender (battery apron), battery tray, the California Special script, hood trim, and
other misc. National Parts Depot and Year One are about the same prices and I was wondering if anyone recommended one over the other for originality and fit, or if someone else would be a better source. Thanks for any info.

rjw

Not to knock either one that you mentioned...but I have ordered hood trim, battery tray, etc. from Mustangs Unlimited and had good experience with their quality and delivery times. Just my $.02.
Richard

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Any and all replies are appreciated. I also wanted to ask about the trunk lid. Tony Branda has two different ones. Any experiences/ suggestions/ sources on this part also is appreciated. I'd like to do this right the first time.
Steve ;D

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

With all due respect, and not to start a hassle, but I have emailed mrshelbydallas a number of times, about trunk lids. I finally received a reply asking if I wanted original or reproduction but no other info. I emailed back asking for prices and haven't heard from him since until this post so I decided to look elsewhere. I'm sure he's a busy individual and can't answer every email. I just thought it easier to look at other vendors. Again, no ill intent. This is a great resource and I don't want to start any fights on it.
Steve

Sorry, but I didn't get any other e-mails but the one you sent I answered. I try to make it a point to answer my e-mails, but sometimes I have had problems with my e-mail being full. Good luck with your search.