• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. ADMIN - Got rid of "NEW" icon

admin

Staff member
Administrator
FYI, I removed the
firstnew.gif
icon from the threads list. It just seemed like it was getting too cluttered with the years also being displayed (ie. the 2007+ and 1968 icons)

The
firstnew.gif
icon was actually duplicate information anyway. If you look to the left of each thread the envelope color tells you whether that thread is new to you or not. (looks like this:
thread_new.gif
)

I just wanted to let people know so they didn't wonder where it was.

BroadwayBlue

That's so funny! I was just looking for it before I read your thread.
I'm like something is different!!

Could you click on the "NEW" icon though and go straight to the first unread post? Or is that only from within the thread?

No big deal - I'll adjust :cool:

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Could you click on the "NEW" icon though and go straight to the first unread post?
That's a good point. I had forgotten about that feature. I'll see if I can make the red envelope icon have the same link associated with it.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've put it back until I can figure something else out about jumping directly to the newest post. I'd still like to clean up the look a little, but don't want to lose that function.

Mosesatm

I've put it back until I can figure something else out about jumping directly to the newest post. I'd still like to clean up the look a little, but don't want to lose that function.

I've never clicked on the "New" icon so I don't know what it does but if it takes you to the newest post you can get around that by setting up your UserCP to list posts in reverse order, with the newest posts first.

BroadwayBlue

Thanks Jon!

I hate reading things in reverse order personally.
Including email inboxes, etc ...
My bank now forces you to look at your check register in reverse order with no option to re-sort anymore!!
Who has their checkbook register in descending order??
Off topic sorry. :smile: