• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood Scoop?

AADaddy

Anyone put a hood scoop on their GT/CS? I'm running into a fitment issue with my 408 and might need to go that route or a different hood all together. Just wondering what it looks like. I'm thinking the Cobra Jet style. Just not sure if it looks odd with the blinker hood.

robert campbell

I love the look of my Mustangs Plus "Ramjet" fiberglass hood. It gave me about two extra inches. Of course there is the Boss 429 that comes in lots of styles.

I mocked up a Cobra Jet Scoop like Joe's on my blinker hood. My blinker hood was white with black out stripes. It looked a bit odd to me, but to each his own

robert campbell

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

I actually have those motor mounts. That's why I am shocked I don't have enough clearance. That said, I still need more like 2" of clearance.

robert campbell

I have Ron Morris to move my engine back to clear the blower belt. But not down the 1/2 inch. Joe had a one inch plate milled down to 1/2 that he gave to me in a carb swap that works with my nozzle for the water methanol injection. Below is an early shot before the W/M injection, but I am still using this air cleaner. I actually had to "smash" the top a bit by tightening the nut down to get it under this hood.

This hood provides more clearance than a 68 Shelby hood by at least one inch.

As I remember you are installing a 351 Windsor based block in your car?

stangfan

I have Ron Morris to move my engine back to clear the blower belt. But not down the 1/2 inch. Joe had a one inch plate milled down to 1/2 that he gave to me in a carb swap that works with my nozzle for the water methanol injection. Below is an early shot before the W/M injection, but I am still using this air cleaner. I actually had to "smash" the top a bit by tightening the nut down to get it under this hood.

This hood provides more clearance than a 68 Shelby hood by at least one inch.

As I remember you are installing a 351 Windsor based block in your car?

That 's quite the engine bay...:cool: