• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS clip in 2005 Mustang Commercial

P

PNewitt

If you're a real eagle-eye, you'll see it.

There is a 2005 Mustang commercial out there with a short clip from the 1968 GT/CS commercial in it. I just saw this last Friday while channel surfing on TV.

There is a red 2005 Mustang parked in front of what looks like a small "drive in" type screen. They are playing several old Mustang commercials, starting with a '69 Mach ad. They show a '65 Shelby scene, and lots of others....

Then, I saw the back end of a red GT/CS with white stripes. A ladies hand running along the decklid. It also shows the T-Bird taillights, too. This is from the original 1968 GT/CS commercial with the same red GT/CS as in the color brochure. It's a beach scene with lots of "girls in bikinis" that chase this GT/CS along the beach. Still shots of the ad are in my 1996 Registry.

It's the hand of one of these women touching the top of the decklid that they used for only about 2 seconds in this new commercial.

Check it out!

Paul.

nfrntau

Paul,
Do you know if anybody has a copy of this original T.V. ad for the GT/CS ? It would be pretty neat to see it. Would gladly pay for the disk and mailing if it's too big to e-mail.

68sunlitgold

For anyone like me that does not get to see any commercials, here is a link to where you can veiw the video, scroll down and click on the picture of the red mustang parked in front of the billboard.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/ads/05/

I thnk the picture of the T-bird tail lights is from a Shelby...but not sure I am still reviewing the tape.

Doug

rjw

I've looked at it. That web site is run by a friend of mine and happens to be our webmaster for our club site. A great guy and an absolute powerhouse of info for the Mustang fan. I agree with Paul; the red Mustang appears to be a California Special at 27 seconds into the commercial. (There is a red Shelby earlier in the commercial.)
Richard

bbeatty

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1186;start=0#msg6550 date=1100533115]
Paul,
Do you know if anybody has a copy of this original T.V. ad for the GT/CS ? It would be pretty neat to see it. Would gladly pay for the disk and mailing if it's too big to e-mail.
[/quote]
An original TV ad is on this site:

http://www.geocities.com/mustangs68.geo/caspec.html

68sunlitgold

Not the best image but here is the clip with the GT/CS in the background

Doug

PS forgot to add....after further review: The T-bird taillights look like they are on a 69/70 Shelby (black rear panel, center exhaust)

Attachments

• 05_mustang.jpg
    05_mustang.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 28