• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

question on hood pin restoration

mnut

I'd like some help on what to do with my hood pins since they have some pits that need ground down or polished? The pits are only nearest the knobs. What metal are the pins made of,who is a good,reliable metal shop to send them to,and what is the approximate cost to have them looking new again? Also,what metal are the round plates underneath the pins made of and do they go to the same shop as the pins would for resto?...thanks!

rvrtrash

I believe the pins are aluminum and the washers are stainless. I had my pins chromed for the very same reason, pits and discoloration but wish I'd left them alone and just ordered reproductions from Tony Branda, when he has them.

Steve