CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/02/2007, 12:16 AM   #1
somethingspecial

My Garage
2007 Gt/cs Hcs August Bbq

Happy New Year to all of you. It is now 2007, and time to announce the Second Annual 2007 GT/CS, HCS August BBQ at my home in Chicago Park, Ca.
This is set for August 18th, 2007, and put on by my wife and I, Tim O'Brien and family and open to all owners of GT/CS, and HCS mustangs. This BBQ is for all of us to get to know each other and have a great day sharing our enthusiasm for these great cars.
Last Year, we made history having the largest reunion of GT/CS mustangs since the factory. We had 17 GT/CS mustangs, 1 Clone, three Mach 1 Mustangs, and a Cobra replica. 53 great folks attended, and devoured 10 Tri-Tip roasts, lots of chicken, and lots and lots of other great dishes. Lots of new friendships were made.
This year, I hope to see some HCSs, and maybe some new GT/CS representation. If someone has a 68 Shelby mustang, We would like to see you as well.
This is just the first of many announcements. Hope to see you there. Mike and Robinette Jewell

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2007, 09:20 AM   #2
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

It's already on my calendar. Can't wait.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Photos and comments from last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls
It's already on my calendar. Can't wait.
Real Magic!! Please review the attached threads for details. Mike is once again going all out for another exciting "Mustang Summer"! In the coming months, we'll keep you posted on developments and accomodations for what can be another history making event!

All we need is You! :-)

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...-gtcs-bbq.html

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3663

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Sarge

My Garage
Mike and Robinette,
I too have the calendar circled as a "must do" event. For those who don't know, Mike and Robinette sent out an extremely cool Xmas Card that was "California Special"... One of the photo shots from way up on the Apple Orchard ladder overlooking all of the cars. I have kept the card, and will find a way to incorporate it in all of the GT/CS memorabilia that I have collected along the years.

Just one thing... I feel that the financial burden for the most excellent dinner was shared by just a few, and I would like to help out more (ok, I brought a few loaves of garlic bread, but that doesn't even equate to a tri-tip). Lets try to "share the cost" and not make it a burden on the few. And Donna, make sure you are packing that fire extinquisher!!!!!!!!!!

Robert
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2007, 09:38 PM   #5
somethingspecial

My Garage
Robert, Tim, and All. Thank you for the very kind sentiments, We look forward to seeing you ALL here in August. Mike and Robinette.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
Old 01/04/2007, 11:32 PM   #6
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Robert, Oooohhhh I have TWO extinguishers now!

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2007, 09:25 AM   #7
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Mike;
My son is moving to Modesto, CA with his job in February so this will be great for me. I plan on taking 2 weeks vacation and flying out to visit him this summer so, I'll just plan my trip around August 18th. Am looking foward to meeting other members of the site. Just wish I could pack my car with me. I haven't been in Cali since I retired from the Air Force in 1990. This will be a great trip.

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2007, 09:32 AM   #8
joedls
My Car Details

Hey Don,

I can pick you up on my way there, if you need a ride to the BBQ.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
Old 01/07/2007, 09:43 AM   #9
68gt390
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls
Hey Don,

I can pick you up on my way there, if you need a ride to the BBQ.
Joe;
That sounds great. Don't know how far you are from Chicago Park, CA but, I'm sure my son wouldn't mind you staying at his house if you wanted to drive up early. He just got his house in NC sold today and is flying out Monday to get everything finalized on his new home in Modesto. I checked map quest and he's located 125 miles south of Chicago Park. This is gonna be great -I'm already excited.

Don

Old 01/07/2007, 10:31 AM   #10
somethingspecial

My Garage
Don, That is fantastic. We look forward to meeting you. Joe, Thanks for picking him up. Mike and Robinette.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
Old 01/07/2007, 10:46 AM   #11
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gt390
Joe;
That sounds great. Don't know how far you are from Chicago Park, CA but, I'm sure my son wouldn't mind you staying at his house if you wanted to drive up early. He just got his house in NC sold today and is flying out Monday to get everything finalized on his new home in Modesto. I checked map quest and he's located 125 miles south of Chicago Park. This is gonna be great -I'm already excited.

Don
You might even have to drive the blown 347 (for scientific reasons of course) to compare with your 428 CJ.

Joe

Old 01/07/2007, 12:10 PM   #12
68gt390
My Car Details

Joe;
I checked mapquest and they show 2 Lake Forrest CA locations. One in Orange County and one in Placer County. Which one is yours?

We are always open to "scientific research".

I feel like a little kid in the candy store again.

Don

Old 01/07/2007, 12:16 PM   #13
68gt390
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingspecial
Don, That is fantastic. We look forward to meeting you. Joe, Thanks for picking him up. Mike and Robinette.
Mike;
If you or your wife like a particular type of wine let me know. I'm sure I can fill that order fairly easy. My son already is making plans for some wine tasting were he works while I'm there. I still remember (just barely) our last trip to a wine tasting event back in NC in 2004. This should be an interesting 2 week vacation.

Old 01/07/2007, 12:40 PM   #14
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gt390
Joe;
I checked mapquest and they show 2 Lake Forrest CA locations. One in Orange County and one in Placer County. Which one is yours?

We are always open to "scientific research".

I feel like a little kid in the candy store again.

Don
I'm in Orange County

Joe

Old 01/07/2007, 03:42 PM   #15
somethingspecial

My Garage
Don, Robinette and I have never turned down a good White Zinfandel. Thanks, Mike
ps, I have seen Joe doing some scientific research on how friction and heat melt certain rubber compounds. I was once contracted by GoodYear to do some of the same research using my highly calibrated test vehicle, a 95 Trans Am convertible, Yes Joe, I have a couple of ragtops myself. First gear applied 161 feet of research material on the test platform. LOL. This is great. I hope more can make it. Mike

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions