• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD How would you like your GT/CS Decal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=3;threadid=538;start=0#msg2893 date=1060048615]
::) Are you going to make some with HCS on them instead of GTCS? ;D
[/quote]

Except the HCS isn't part of the GT/CS registry. The HCS registry is with Bob Teets. AFAIK, there isn't a registry decal for the HCS's, but it would be cool to have one. The problem is there aren't many HCS owners around as the cars can be harder to identify. Especially after the first 2 years get repainted different colors and the badges get removed by uneducated owners. I guess it would be worth looking into, if there's enough HCS owners wanting to get some HCS Reg decals designed.

Scott
'66 HCS

68sunlitgold

Scott (66 HCS),
The 68 HCS is actually a part of the GT/CS registry since it is a sister to the CS. Both the original and second addition of the registry are full of HCS's. You are right that Bob Teets is the holder of the HCS registry, especially for the 66 & 67 HCS but both Paul and Bob have the 68 HCS's in there registries.

I agree that they are hard to ID and it is unfortunate that owners change the color because I for one love the orginal unique colors. Maybe someone in the forum will make a HCS decal, or you could always use the 68 side scoop decal and place it on the window.

Doug

66 Dearborn HCS

Scott (66 HCS),
The 68 HCS is actually a part of the GT/CS registry since it is a sister to the CS. Both the original and second addition of the registry are full of HCS's. I agree that they are hard to ID and it is unfortunate that owners change the color because I for one love the orginal unique colors. Maybe someone in the forum will make a HCS decal, or you could always use the 68 side scoop decal and place it on the window.

Doug

Yes, a HCS decal would be cool but mine is a '66, which is not a sister to the CS. Neither is the '67. The '68 decal won't work because it has "'68" on the bottom. I'm thinking that a HCS exclusive decal would be cool. I'm not trying to cause any problems or exclude the CS's, not at all, just that I think it would be cool for the '66-'67 HCS's because our cars, other than the name, really have nothing in common with the 68's. I'm not saying the '68 HCS's shouldn't be included in the CS registry, but that the '66-'67 HCS is unique to the '68. That and there are so few of us that it'd be nice to have our own decal. Solidarity man!!! ;)

I guess I'm seeing it from a different direction. You wouldn't put the CS's in the HCS registry, right? So I'm just saying that there ought to be a HCS decal for those of us that don't fit in the CS registry. Am I being to petty about this? Geez I need to lay off the Darvocet in the evenings. ;D

68sunlitgold

Scott,
no I don't think you are being petty, I agree with you, and appologize for my oversite that you own a 66 HCS, that the 68 decal would not fit your car. My comments on a registry was pointed mainly at the 68 and I do agree that having a registry for just the HCS, especially the 66 & 67, would be a great way to recognize these unique cars, like I said before I love the special colors that were available for the HCS's.
Doug

OP
OP
G

The gold one you sent me years ago looks great.
Reissue that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.