• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Prestigous Lee Iacocca Award - Paul Newitt - Congrats!

case12

I wanted to congratulate and let everyone on the site know that Paul Newitt received a national prestigious award at the show.

Paul received the LEE IACOCCA AWARD for his lifetime achievements with the California Special. This a coveted award given out at other very prestigious events like Amelia and Hilton Head to greats like Larry Dobbs, founder of Mustang Monthly (he received one 2 months ago at Silver Springs).

Just wanted all you to know that our very own registrar is now more famous. Beau - head of Galpin Ford presented the award to him, and the speeches were great.

More information about the Iacocca Award can be found at this site: http://www.iacoccafoundation.org/car_shows.html

We raised over $600 for the Iacocca Foundation to find a cure for Diabetes yesterday! Bravo!

Winners of the Paul Newitt autgraphed Diecast GT/CS and Large 40th Anniversary Show Banner autogaphed by all participants were Scott Fuller and Joe, respectively. Congrats.

Everyone got a trophy plaque (see attached) - we had 42 registered, and all the plaques were handed out with pictures taken with Paul Newitt and Mary Jean Wesche (Editor of Mustang Times)

I am traveling and not yet set up to download pictures. Casey

Attachments

• CS_Award.jpg
    CS_Award.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

our special

Congradulations Paul on receiving such a prestigious award. You can take great pride in knowing that you would not have received such an award if you didn't deserve it.

Thank you to all who was instrumental with the design & availabilty of the 40th. anniversary tee shirts, hats, plaques & decals. I am now the proud owner of some of each, thanks in part to friends of ours from Canada, who attended the Galpin show. I was so disappointed that we could not make this or the Knott's event this year but at least I have some memorabila.

Again, congradulations to you Paul on a well deserved award, and for those who put the effort into producing & those attending the Gaplin Event. Kudos all around.

Dave

nates68

I Just Want Everyone To Know What A Great Job Casey Did At The 40th. This Guy Is Something,all The Hard Work He Put Into This Get Together. I Cant Say Enough Good Things About The Fine Job He Did.
Im So Glad I Got To Meet Him,paul, And All The Other Great People
On This Site.we Had A Ball.the People At Galpin Were Great.

P.s. Joe-thanks For The Cigar...........

Nates68

Mustanglvr

Congratulations Paul!!! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

joedls

I Just Want Everyone To Know What A Great Job Casey Did At The 40th. This Guy Is Something,all The Hard Work He Put Into This Get Together. I Cant Say Enough Good Things About The Fine Job He Did.
Im So Glad I Got To Meet Him,paul, And All The Other Great People
On This Site.we Had A Ball.the People At Galpin Were Great.

P.s. Joe-thanks For The Cigar...........

Nates68

You're very welcome, Nate. It was great meeting you and hanging out talking cars. It was also great to see everyone else.

And Paul, Congratulations on you award. You definitely deserve it. And as far as I'm concerned there is no other GT/CS registrar.

Mustanger

Hats off to you ...

Paul,

A very wise man once said,

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss,

I am very grateful that you chose to create the GT/CS Registry ... "Paul made it happen!" ... Congratulations :thumb: ...

joedls

Paul,

A very wise man once said,

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss,

I am very grateful that you chose to create the GT/CS Registry ... "Paul made it happen!" ... Congratulations :thumb: ...

That is from my very favorite children's book. It would behoove many adults to read that book. "Oh,the places you'll go"

HappyHour

Congratulations Paul!! Great to see your hard work and passion for the CS and HCS being recognized outside our lil coral!

Robert

carezcs

Congrats Paul! I feel privileged to have seen three people I admire receive this award. Well deserved. That was a great gathering both Sat. and Sun.
Bruce

Diesel Donna

Well done Paul and Casey!!! Casey's daughter Emily also contributed!
What a great weekend, and especially a "twofer" for the out of town part of the family. Galpin and Knott's should go down in history.

I still say we ought to have a round up in Mustang, Oklahoma so more of the east coast and midwest peeps have an opportunity to attend! How about a 45th or 50th party?
Just thinking out loud here.

P

PNewitt

I'll be able to write a more proper thank you--when I get home tomorrow, but I am SO moved not only by the award, but from the support and thank yous i've received here, and at the event at Galpin.

It's one thing to do something you love, yet quite another to be honored and supported while doing it. I am so, so fortunate.

It's hard to collect my thoughts right now, after this whirlwind weekend, but I am truly honored and so touched by the support from everyone. I tried to not "lose it" from the surprise and honor of receiving the award. I am still pinching myself thinking it's been a dream.....

thank you all so very much!!

more to follow ASAP...

Paul.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
A big congrats to Paul! Very fitting award for all the work you've done and continue to do.

And I'd like to also thank Casey for getting that put together. Nice job!

Sounds like a great weekend and I'm really sorry I missed it. But at least the rest of us can live vicariously through all the great photos and stories. :)

obwan93001

Ditto

Congratulations Paul! It is a fitting award and reward for all of your hard work you've done for the California Special and us, we look forward to your latest edition of the registry, it's sounding like it's going to be a great book, that's why I've ordered two. It's too bad we couldn't give Casey an award but I'm certain he knows we ALL appreciate all he's done in helping you gather priceless info and docs for the upcoming book and his work putting together the plaques and the GAS event, oh and his MC job, awesome, as well as one for Bob Teets and all the work he's done for those great HCSs, keep up the great job Bob!

You guys are the best! :thumb:

Oscar
obwan93001

somethingspecial

Congratulations Paul!!!!!!!

We were very pleased to see you presented with the Lee Iacocca Award. You certainly deserve it for all your years of research, 400,000+ miles you have travelled to get us the information you have, and the continued effort you put forth to make the California Special/High Country Special Mustangs something that we are all proud to own. Bravo Paul. Mike, Robinette and family.

DLedin

Congrats Paul! It's a well-deserved honor for all your tireless efforts over the years to gather so much knowledge and to keep a spotlight trained on our GT/CSs & HCSs.

I regret I was unable to make the event and meet all of those who went but I'm glad it was so successful. "Well Done" to everyone involved.

-DLedin