• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 68 Headrests

lunker

Looking for 68 headrests - two post internal mount style (just like the 69's but with dual posts). These were a factory option and differ from the external 'back of the seat mount' dealer installed headrests. Thanks, DT

somethingspecial

I purchased some seat belts from a guy in Texas a while back, and he told me he had a couple of sets of head rests. You might try him. He is a great guy to deal with, and has good product. The belts I purchased are A#1 show quality.
Contact: Stewart Nolan, 2009 Primrose Dr. Richardson, Tx. 95082
Phone: 972-231-3072

Good Luck, Mike. ps, good headrest run about $500.00 and up.

OP
OP
L

lunker

Thanks for the tip. I took a look, it is my understanding that these were the style that were available at the dealer with the chrome bars that ran down the outside back of the seat. My GT 390 came with headrests from the factory which simply mounted on the top with two round posts into the top of the seat. They looked exactly like the 69's, but have the two bars as opposed to one. It is tempting to find 69 seat backs with headrests and go that way.

Mosesatm

Trashed '69 seats are fairly common on eBay. I just bought a pair for $25. For that I can live with one bar instead of 2 rods until I find some '68s.

p51

lunker said:
Thanks for the tip. I took a look, it is my understanding that these were the style that were available at the dealer with the chrome bars that ran down the outside back of the seat. My GT 390 came with headrests from the factory which simply mounted on the top with two round posts into the top of the seat. They looked exactly like the 69's, but have the two bars as opposed to one. It is tempting to find 69 seat backs with headrests and go that way.
You're correct. Those ones on ebay are the '68 "hook on the back of the seat" type. The '68 dual post headrests that come out of the top of the seat are much more rare (hence, more expensive). I just got some 69 seat backs w/single post headrests in pristine condition. Found them to be much cheaper that the dual post headrests.

somethingspecial

The ones Nolan had were what you are looking for. Also check with mustang masters in Florida. I got a set from him. I'll have to look up their address for you. I'ts out in the shop. Keep in mind, the 68 factory headrests are molded hard plastic over foam, and the 69 head rests are Upholstered. Big difference if you are looking to stay original. Mike