• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - 2005 Calendar of our cars?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
<<< ADMIN EDIT >>>
OK, it looks like there's enough interest for a GT/CS and HCS calendar so let's get it started. Let's try 2 weeks to get the photos to me. So the deadline will be Sunday Oct 31, 2004.

Then we'll all vote and the top 12 will be used. If your photos are digital email me at 1968gtcs@gmail.com (has more space than my normal email) If you have prints you need me to scan then mail them to me at:

Jon Hanna
P.O. Box 16775
Phoenix, AZ 85011-6775

OK, here's the catch. Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. If it's a digital image it needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

Thanks!

PB gtcs

Love it, but maybe next year for our car, unless you want one under construction.

Brian and Paul

hcsstang

8)Sounds like a winner here. Maybe you could use one of the pictures that I sent you. By chance did you received the pictures?

quicknick

Jon, I have much better, more updated pix of my car than what is in my gallery. Let me know where and how you want these submitted for the calander. Nicholas

davidathans

I hope that my gtcs would be one of the 12 chosen. Should there be a little caption to go along with the picture on the calendar of some information about each gtcs. i think that would be a good idea. There arent too many GTCS's that will say 400HP!

CalPaul

Cool idea! I think the 400HP owner should run with this! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately my HCS won't be in it either, but I'll have fun drooling over the much nicer steeds the rest of you have.

Yes, a brief blurb about the owner, options, etc. would be a good idea. I'll collect that info after the voting probably.

68gt390

Jon; I think it's a great idea. My 68 GT 390 Coupe was shown on several calendar's on the 1968 Mustang web site and I'm still getting folks trying to buy the car. I'm sure there are a plenty of folks who would be pleased to have their cars featured on a calendar. I'm one of them. I've kept copies of the calendar's just for myself. I say let it fly and let's see what happens. GREAT IDEA.

Don ;D ;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Well said Bob. ;D

OK, let's get it started. Let's try 2 weeks to get the photos to me. So the deadline will be Sunday Oct 31, 2004.

Then we'll all vote and the top 12 will be used. If your photos are digital email me at 1968gtcs@gmail.com (has more space than my normal email) If you have prints you need me to scan then mail them to me at:

Jon Hanna
P.O. Box 16775
Phoenix, AZ 85011-6775

OK, here's the catch. Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. If it's a digital image it needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

Thanks!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Is anyone else planning on submitting? At this point we only have 2 cars submitted. If we can't get at least 12 I'll have to scrap the calendar idea. :'(

quicknick

Jon, I have a professional photographer coming out on Saturday to shoot the car in the format you need.
I will have something submitted to you before the deadline. Nicholas

PFSlim

As my brother stated, our car is in the construction phase, however, it is looking good. We are painted and ready to drop the motor in. Wish we could do it ;D

rjw

Gee I must have been out of town on the original post...great idea! I will send you pictures as well.
Richard

68gt390

Jon;
Photos will be on their way no later than Monday. Will be taking them this weekend while at a show.

Don