• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fan and shroud

BrandonB

Hey guys My fan was hitting the lower part of my shroud a few months ago and I looked at it and it was all beat up and chipped so i broke off the little area it was hitting. Well now its hitting the upper part now. I was thinking of getting a new shroud I found a few repos only one is made of steel which is cool except for the fact I dont want my fan to hit it. There is also one shroud thats plastic but more expensive. should I get a smaller fan? The shrouds I have found were either 20'' steel or a 24'' plastic one. Please help for which shroud and also how to stop my fan from karate chopping my shroud I thought maybe its loose I havnt had time to check yet though to busy with work =(.

Calspecialdreamer

Brandon,

I remember your post from several months ago. If your car is not over heating and running fine, I would just remove the shroud. It helps to cool the water in the radiator by forcing the air into that area. Sounds like you have a bigger problem tho if it continues to sag....

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

thanks for your replies guys but I actually think the motor mount is broken like Jayscal stated

bbeatty

Brandon,

You many consider having Joe Pluff at Mustangs and More take a look at your car. He's right off I-35 & Johnson Drive. He did a lot of work on my GT/CS this spring and did a good job.

913-384-0202

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

bbeatty you live in kansas? sweet I'll keep mustangs and more in mind.