• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Selling my GT/CS

Mr. Shelby Guy

I hate to do this, but I have to sell my beautiful GT/CS (VIN # 8R01C142513) to make room for my next vehicle, a Shelby. Since the California Specials are easy to duplicate, we have a Marti Report that states that this is a true California Special. This car was produced February 15th, which, from what we understand, is a very early production date. We have the majority of the reciepts of the work done on the vehicle. We have spent over $28,000 on the restoration. This GT/CS has had a complete ground-up restoration, completed the summer of 2004. The restoration includes a new Candy Apple Red base coat/clear coat paint job. All the panels were taken off for the paint job and the car was painted inside and out. There is no rust and no bondo on the car. When the car was painted, we also put on original Marchal 656 fog lights and made custom fog light covers for them. These lights were wired and they work. We also put new hood pins on the car. The original hood pins are avalible as well. We also put 5 new 15" Magnum 500 rims with B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's. All the weatherstripping and seals have been replaced.
The engine is a 289 Hi-Po with 271 HP. Both the engine and transmission were rebuilt 39,000 miles ago. The transmission shifts great and the engine is like new. During the restoration, we put in custom cold A/C with vents in the dash, with a new 4-core radiator. We also put in a new power steering pump, alternator, top-of-the line high tension wires, Edelbrock Intake Manifold with a 650 CFM Edelbrock 4-BBl Carburator, all new belts and hoses, new AM/FM CD player, new fuel pump, and new power front-disk brakes. We also bought one of Paul Newitt's GT/CS Steering Wheel emblems and it is on the car. He only produced 12 of these sets.
This car is a head-turner, trophy winner, but is not a concourse trailer queen. This car can be driven and enjoyed.
If you are interested, you can e-mail me at jseguin1@cox.net, or you can phone me at (405)-359-6616. Pictures are avalible upon request. All personal inspections are encouraged.

Price: $25,000 OBO

PB gtcs

Really sorry you have to part with the car. Is it in the gallery? If so, where? If not, could you post some pics. The reason I ask is that am not personally interested as we are about to finish our project. However, many folks have come over to see our car and really like it. Will direct them your way if I can. Let me know about the pics. Is the car an original red car? Trans? New interior? New suspension parts?

Brian

OP
OP
M

Mr. Shelby Guy

PB gtcs:
The car isn't in the gallery. It was originally Highland Green. I will post some pics right now. The interior was redone before I got the car. It is black standard interior. The previous owner installed two-tone black-red seats in the car. It looks really nice with the paint. The transmission was redone with the engine and shifts great. Good luck on the project.

CobraMan:
The first owner installed the 289 Hi-Po engine and I do not have the original engine. From what we understand, the original owner switched the engines very early in the car's life.

OP
OP
M

Mr. Shelby Guy

Just to let you know the car is sold. The buyer picked it up acouple of minutes ago.