• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Convertible

franklinair

LOTS of info & help here, from daily driver level to concourse, performance, and parts. If you have a question on any subject, someone here will have the answer.

Books: 1968 Mustang Shop Manual (includes wiring diagrams), GT/CS Recognition Guide. These both are sold through Tony Branda.
"A California Special Way of Life", sold through blurb.com is a good way to see many of the people & cars on this site.

Ron Moore of R & R Classics and Scott Behnke of West Coast Classic Cougars are great sources for parts.

Neil

Attachments

• DSC00763.jpg
    DSC00763.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00759.jpg
    DSC00759.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00757.jpg
    DSC00757.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 48

Ruppstang

Marty, I think you might find it kinda of funny, the guy who built the car originally, had all the factory markings added to the engine bay and undercarriage.

Just wish he had put on the california special scripts correctly and removed the running horse emblem on the front quarters.

David

I understand I ended up putting them on my two son's drivers too. It is hard to stop. Marty

OP
OP
M

MCD1653

I prefer for the latest edition of rear side marker/reflector, and I have got a new Quarter Panel without groove to the early edition reflector.
Is it the groove required for the latest edition see the piccture?

Peter

Attachments

• 258.jpg
    258.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 36
  • GT CS bagskærm copy.jpg
    GT CS bagskærm copy.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 27
  • 28 copy 1.jpg
    28 copy 1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
M

MCD1653

You guys know that I am a concours guy but if I were ever to cross over to the modified side it would be for one like this. Marty

Hi Ruppstang,

Nice pics, is it possible to get the pics in a higher resolution on e-mail, ofc. if you have other pics with more details:wink:

Thank you in advance!

Peter

franklinair

The later model rear fenders do not have the recess as the early models. The later model reflectors attach to the smooth fenders with 2 studs on the reflector.
What is the configuration of the other rear fender? Recessed or smooth?

Neil

OP
OP
M

MCD1653

The later model rear fenders do not have the recess as the early models. The later model reflectors attach to the smooth fenders with 2 studs on the reflector.
What is the configuration of the other rear fender? Recessed or smooth?

Neil

I changed both fender and they are both smooth. I'm glad to hear they have to be smooth for the later models, it saves me some sheet metal work.

Everything is almost better than new!

Peter

Attachments

• 249.gif
    249.gif
    223.8 KB · Views: 39

franklinair

VERY NICE! Have you looked inside the cowls to check their condition?

Neil

OP
OP
M

MCD1653

Yes they are fine, I had opened in the passenger side, because it was damaged there.

Attachments

• 253.gif
    253.gif
    215 KB · Views: 41