• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What Colors would you like to see available for the 2009 GT/CS?

P

PNewitt

Here's your chance...
What colors would you like to see made available for the 2009 GT/CS?

For 2009, there will be a white stripe available, so it opens up the possibilities for colors that used white stripes--just like in 1968. What about a Gulfstream Aqua, or Royal Maroon?? Mention metallic or non-metallic, too (what about gold flaked dark green, just like the Green Hornet?--with gold and white stripes?).

Would you like to see a Bullitt Green GT/CS? Maybe they'll let it happen in '09? (a no-go for '08).

You can include '68 colors, and any other color, anywhere. Just include the actual name and brand (i.e. Dodge Viper Red), so there is a closer reference to your suggestion.

I'll pass this on to the folks at Ford working on the '09, and so, we'll see.

And..since you're at it, if there are any other body items, or accessories that you'd like to see, please include them here, too. Spoiler types, interior trim, light bars (like a roll bar) for the convertible, rectangular fog lights, or a "no horse" dark grey metallic grille?

thanks!
Paul N.

franklinair

Metallic charcoal gray.

(I gotta tell you, one of the reasons I haven't taken the plunge for a new model is the limited color selection)

And, where are the casting dates on these new fangled machines?!!

Neil

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Metallic charcoal gray.
And, where are the casting dates on these new fangled machines?!!
Neil

....well...on the late models, they're "only" three (metric) bolts away from knowing. We're on a whole new learning curve here, Neil!

Metallic Charcoal Grey--like a new Aston Martin would be cool....especially with white stripes!!

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

i dont know why i thought this, but i thought the new GT/CS was only going to be made in 07 and 08...it is also going to me made in 2009?

Well, they were only going to do one year....

Then they sold very well. OK. "Let's do it again", they said.

Then '08 sales exceeded '07 sales.

Then they said, "let's do it again for 2009, but let's do white stripes".

So, we will have a 2009 GT/CS. I think total, 3 year GT/CS production will exceed the Buillitt and anything else they make...(like a Boss 302).

We have a lot to be proud of. I want a red '09 with the supercharger, and white stripes! (from sales of the book)

Paul N.

koronen

Alloy clearcoat metallic or gunsmoke grey....It is what I would have bought mine in if I had that option.

Robbie273

Lime Gold

I would really like to see the Lime Gold come back again. After all it was a very popular color back then and if this is the last year of the GT/CS I have to vote for Lime Gold.

ahainline

^NOOO lol, sorry I just hate that color. Looks like vomit or baby poop.

My vote would go with a British Racing green or the green on the Bullitt

OR

Black Jade...black with a tinge of green

Caligirl

I just feel the need to vent a bit. I previously owned a 2000 sunburst gold V6 Coupe before purchasing my 07 GT/CS. When Ford came out with this new body style in 2005 I knew I had to have one. I waited until 2007 when they offered the California Special option as a "LIMITED EDITION" When they offered them again in 2008 I was upset as this was the actual anniversay year for the Cal Special but thought ok as they didn't really change anything from the 2007. Now if they are planning a 2009 model year with changes to color stripe, etc. just how limited is this limited edition? Really makes me want to sell mine and by the Dodge Challenger. :mad:

wsmjrpe

I too am disappointed that Ford is going to produce the GTCS in 2009. I fought the urge to buy a 2007 GTCS and prayed that Ford would continue to produce it in 2008 making it a true 40 yr anniv. car. I figured this would be a real collector's item one day. I'm sure the first GTCS and HC Specials would not be nearly as special/valuable if they had produced them in 67, 68 and 69. Ford's approach to producing them in 09 due to sales reminds me of the baseball palyer who wouldn't change his socks because he thought it brought him good luck. After a while, it stinks. Ford should instead pursue other 40 yr anniv. models; Bosses, Machs, etc. Just my thoughts.

Northern Pony

Royal Maroon, just as my 68. In 2007 I tried to special order color, and was told " only if ordering 10 or more ". Since I didn't need a fleet of Royal Maroon cars I opted out, but always thought it would be nice to have new and old in same color.
BoB

hookedtrout

Royal Maroon, just as my 68. In 2007 I tried to special order color, and was told " only if ordering 10 or more ". Since I didn't need a fleet of Royal Maroon cars I opted out, but always thought it would be nice to have new and old in same color.
BoB

That's pretty funny, you opted out. However you may be on to something, probably too late now but if a group of Royal Maroon or Acapulco Blue 68 CS owners all got together, 10 or more and decided they wanted a new CS to match you could order up 10 and possibly even get a multi car discount? Could you paint each of the 10 different? If there are 10 or more Acapulco Blue owners that decide they want a new CS with special order Acapulco Blue give me a yell. I'll opt in.

I probably don't need a fleet but it would be nice to have one, seems we have a few here that meet the fleet status only they are 68 fleets.

Cory

davidathans

if they make it for 2009, they need to have hood pins and california special scripts...i would like to see it in highland green....they should also have the option of the GT500 5.4L motor and drivetrain

Mosesatm

^NOOO lol, sorry I just hate that color. Looks like vomit or baby poop.

My vote would go with a British Racing green or the green on the Bullitt

OR

Black Jade...black with a tinge of green

As with all colors it all depends on how the color works with the particular car. For example orange looks great on a Camaro but IMHO looks awful on a Mustang. Lime Gold is a great color for both old and new Mustangs. It just works with the cars' lines.

04Retro

if they make it for 2009, ...i would like to see it in highland green....they should also have the option of the GT500 5.4L motor and drivetrain

Will NEVER happen...so green is really out unless they go Legend Lime again. Ford has very publically stated (in writing) that Dark Highland Green belongs to Bullitts only... They have intentionally phrased their language to make future Bullitts possible (some 01s are compalining about 08s)...but Ford has been real clear--that dark metalic green only goes on a Bullitt. Sorry to disappoint...but if your hitting Ford with 'ideas' that is wonderful! Take the opportunity to hit them with ideas that have a chance. Glad to learn that are finally waking up as tot he side stripe--come on--black stripe on dark red and dark blue---what were they thinkin...

franklinair

Ref: Paul's Post #3

METRIC ?? What's this world coming to??
My tools are all US Standard. If they don't fit, I don't work on it.
Them's my rules, and I'm sticking to'em!!

(I probably couldn't figure out these new technologies anyway)

Neil