• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Vote for the 2005 Calendar!

coloradoHCS

I want to thank Jon for the great opportunity to be a part of the calendar and to all who voted. This will be a great calendar and I will need to order a couple because I owe one to Bish! I have no objections to names and addresses or car linfo and photo location. Thanks again, Mark.

rjw

Ditto Dave's comments. All of the twenty were pretty "special" cars. Looking forward to the finished product.
Richard

68sunlitgold

Wow,
I applaud everyone who sent in cars, all of them where incredible works of art. And for the 13 chosen you all did outstanding work in restoring your cars.

Doug

19HCS68

You guys pretty much said it all. All are very nice cars. I'm thankful for this opportunity to be a part of this project as well. Looking forward to getting my calendars. Thanks Jon for all your efforts and congrats to everyone!

Gary 8)

davidathans

So my 400 horsepower pony didnt make any of the months. Maybe its because i didnt use the original stripes on the back of the car.

Were the others chosen because they are more "original"?
Im a little disappointed, but at least it will be part of the collage on the back of the calendar.
:(

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
David, obviously I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is that it was less about originality and more to do with the composition of your photo. Personally I think you have a fantastic looking car and I really like the angle you took the shot. But the basketball hoop and house in the background are a bit distracting.

If you look at the photos that got the most votes, they had nothing but the car and nice scenery in the background. The photos taken on the street, with houses and other cars in the background didn't get as many votes.

68gt390

[quote author=davidathans link=board=1;threadid=1163;start=15#msg6618 date=1100911401]
So my 400 horsepower pony didnt make any of the months. Maybe its because i didnt use the original stripes on the back of the car.

Were the others chosen because they are more "original"?
Im a little disappointed, but at least it will be part of the collage on the back of the calendar.
:(

[/quote]

David: Hold your head high dude, you took the time to submit photo's of your car and it's still part of the calendar. Horsepower had nothing to do with it and neither did originality. Personally, I think you have one ausome "F___en" car. Put all the calendar car's in a show and guess what - they all come out on top. Congrats to all. This is gonna be one great calendar. Not just general Mustangs but, all GT/CS and HCS cars. I think that alone is awesome. Plus, who plans on going to the 2005 MCA Grande National Stampede in Youngstown, OH? Would be nice to see a few of these "Calendar" cars in my neck of the woods.

Quicknick; That's a good idea for listing info on each car. How about showing the owner and maybe the engine combo ("C", "J", "S", "X" and "R") on each car?

Don ;D ;D ;D

quicknick

I like the way you're thinking Don. Great idea. But, this is a question for Jon. What kind of ideas do you have in mind for the layout? A lot of great layout ideas were discussed on this post. Let us know what you have planned.
Also, let us know if we can help you in any way Jon. This is obviously a lot of work for you.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I need to keep the layout simple. After doing quite a bit of research I was surprised at how few affordable options there are to getting calendars printed.

So basically the photo pages are the only editable part of the calendars. Each month will have the one large photo with a caption at the bottom including basic info on the car.

I was thinking: owner, engine, tranny, color and 1 or 2 key options. There won't be room for much more than that. Location could be added, but this would be totally optional because I can see how some wouldn't want that kind of info made public.

How does that sound?

hookedtrout

Congratulations from me as well, even though I didn't submit a photo I plan on ordering a couple of calendars as well.

The only thing I would suggest that I haven't seen suggested yet is to make this an annual event (as long as you are covering your costs) and start it out a bit earlier in the year so we have a bit more time to submit photos next time. I'm sure I have one somewhere that I can get sent off next year. ;D

You did a great job of getting this one together in the short time you had before the first of the year and it looks like it will be a great calendar.

Hook

19HCS68

Question for Jon.
How many people total voted for the calendar cars? There are almost 500 members of this site and was just wondering how many voted. ??? Thanks to all that participated.

Gary

Russ

Jon,

Just another "GREAT JOB" comment about the calendar. All the cars look super, and the calendar will be a huge hit!! I bet everyone on this site is already looking forward to receiving the calendar. Congratulations to everyone submitting cars for the calendar.

I have to say, I was amazed at how many Highland Green cars were submitted for the calendar (mine included). I've attended many shows, and my car is the ONLY Highland Green car at the show, and the calendar will have four of cars with this color!

Thanks again for your efforts,

Russ

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Gary, we only had 43 people vote. I would say out of our almost 500 members only about 70 are very active.

Jayscal

Hey Jon

I hope this goes well that we can do this as a yearly thing. I started getting photos for next year. The wife and I drove down the coast for 40 miles till we found a spot that the beach wasnt eroded from the hurricanes. The drop off behind me was 50 feet, Floridas coastline has just been butchered this year.

Last edited:

68sunlitgold

Jayscal,
nice looking car, reminds me of Pauls car. I will look for it in next years calendar.

Doug

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I don't see any reason this couldn't be a yearly thing. I just need to get started a little earlier. ;)

quicknick

Jon, When will you need our info and specs for the cars that will be in the calendar? Do you want us to submit this info, or will you get it out of the gallery? Advise. Nicholas

Also, Which car made the cover?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Nick, I sent an email out on Fri to get all those specifics. I think you're the only one not to respond yet. Check your hotmail account and if you didn't get the email please email or PM me with the following:

Owner:
HCS or GT/CS?
Engine:
Transmission:
Color:
Options: (Just a couple. There isn't much room for text)

The cover shot is Robert's blue GT/CS. Thanks!

19HCS68

I thought the list was in order as to the most to the least amount of votes in the previous post. :-[ What was the order of the voting? (most to least)

Gary

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Gary, yes the list is in order from most to least (ie. 1-13) Are you asking because of the cover selection? It was offered to Dave's lime gold GT/CS, but he preferred to be on a specific month.