• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Question for the Purists

gt bandit

I need to clarify something , i have searched the history threads and I can not find any info - I also don't have a copy of the Paul N bible.

My fellow comrade from Adelaide , hear in OZ - made a comment about the tail light color of my car being Argent ,
HTML:
[HTML]i like the contrasting argent tail light strip - which is usually body color in GT/CS's - nice touch and very Shelbyesque. 428ci - bugger!, I want one!

I have now seen 3 more black CS that do not have body color on the Tail light section of the car. Can anyone shed any light on this fact , whilst i don't think i will change it - It would be nice to know.

Mosesatm

The panel should be body color. Many people paint them argent to look like the Shelbys. If you go with an argent tail light panel and 10-spoke wheels it looks almost like a Shelby coupe.

joedls

While I am definitely not a purist, I'm pretty sure that the GT/CS came with body color taillight panels, where the Shelbys had the Argent color.

P

PNewitt

Hey GT Bandit...

The "Paul N. Bible"? Thanks. I'll have another one ready for this summer, so everyone else can get one (for less than the latest EBAY $305!).

by the way--for those in OZ, I used to date an actress that was on a show there called "Home and Away".

I gotta get over there someday. I love that place.

Paul N.

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

HOME AND AWAY ------------ Now that is going places , that show would have to be the longest running soapy on OZ tv.
My wife cant live without it.

Its not all bad though , I get to play in the garage !!! during the show.

P

PNewitt

Ask your wife if she remembers "Natalie Nash" on the show (1999-2000).

So--how do the Falcon GT guys treat you on the road? Anyone out there have a Mad Max replica, with monza nose and blower? You guys are just really gutsy with your horsepower! You figured out how to put Cleveland heads on Windsor blocks. How "scary" is that? WOW.

Paul N.

Ausi_CS

GT Bandit,

Would I Lie to you? :)

I have to credit the recognition guide for that piece of knowledge. A very informative and useful bit of literature, that!. Without it I wouldn't have been able to manufacture my Lucas light pedastals (or even know what was the correct light for my car) or correctly fit the stripe kit to the car.

Cheers,

Ausi_CS

Ausi_CS

As for "Argent", I did some research of my own, it comes from the Latin 'Argentum' meaning Silverish or lustrous grey. Coincidentally, the chemical symbol for silver is Ag, from the same Latin origins.

I never actually bothered to look that up until your post, so now I know where it comes from, a question I always had on my mind.

Cheers,

Ausi_CS

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

I stand corrected and should be burnt at the stake for questioning my fellow comrade --------

But I really do need one of them Bibles or I will probably commit further sins , due to my constant need to Question Authority.

Paul - lets see if i can use my influence at Channel 7 to get a CS in a future episode of Home and Away.

That would have to rate a mention in the 2008 edition of the Bible :grin: