• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 High Country Special J-code project on E bay

hicountrybob

Is Bob Teets familiar with this car??

Neil

Neil, I well know this car and Jim Kendall who had owned this car for many, many years before selling to this Jason guy. I think this is a decent buy. Remember, I've stated before that a '68 HCS car goes up for sale just about once a year (to my knowledge), the last one our own "TIM" site member bought out of Pueblo, Colorado in April (2008?), so this is the one for sale in 2009. Somebody get on it, please. Bob Teets here. PS, Neil, you'd look and feel good in this car, DO IT.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Its a High Country Special and J-code car! I wonder how many J-code HCS were built?

franklinair

The photos showed some pretty heavy rust around the rear quarters wheel well openings. Wondering if they can be saved.

Neil

Ruppstang

That car has seen some salt like most of the cars around the midwest. Often gos up the outer lip of the wheel house and thats a tough repair without replacing the quarter. Still not a bad starting point. Marty

franklinair

I've read that replacement quarters have different contours (don't fully understand where) between '67 & '68 models, and replacement quarters are for '67's. Anyone have experience/knowledge of this??

Neil

Ruppstang

There are some real good reproductions that are year specific. They even offer the early 68 with the inset reflector. I think it is still best to save as much of the original as possible. I did a car with my son that we epoxyed the quarters on, it worked well we had no distortion from the welding.
Marty

rvrtrash

I've read that replacement quarters have different contours (don't fully understand where) between '67 & '68 models, and replacement quarters are for '67's. Anyone have experience/knowledge of this??

Neil

The difference is in the shape of the "scoop". If you buy a quarter and just use the wheel lip area or along the rockers, it will be fine.

Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm curious too. Let's hear the details Bob. :smile:

hicountrybob

Bob, did you add to the beautiful collection you have or someone else you know?

Cory

Couple in our Mustang club bought it 'cause of finding this site and the chatter that we do. They drove down to Iowa last week and trailered it (J167122) in and called me the next day to bring it by, still on the trailer. They're so proud and they "done good", too. David Ivener (di81977) was here to show me Cory's book and help me order mine, so we had a chance to look the car over with them and pick at it (we weren't too hard on them. Oh, Cory, I did make a new purchase 3-4 weeks ago, a one family-owned '68 J code fastback. You people know me ie. I was there, the car was there, the seller was there, I had the money, so it seemed like the thing to do. HEY, anyone have a '68 folddown "TRAP DOOR" to sell me. This one has speaker holes in it. Grr. Look in your stash and see if there is a good one, NO REPO, lurking there, please. Thank you, Bob Teets here.

hookedtrout

Glad to hear they made a good buy and you weren't too hard on them. Sounds like the stars lined up for you again as well. One things for sure if it's in your hands it certainly is in good hands. Send us some pictures of you new car when you get them.

Cory

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the update Bob.

Also, I saw you had some Gallery trouble from another thread. I added some old photos I had from you in there. Take a look by clicking on "My Gallery" under your name. Just let me know if you want to change anything or need help adding details.

hookedtrout

Thanks for the update Bob.

Also, I saw you had some Gallery trouble from another thread. I added some old photos I had from you in there. Take a look by clicking on "My Gallery" under your name. Just let me know if you want to change anything or need help adding details.

If you guys need any of the photos from the book of Bobs great collection let me know I can email you a really nice bunch of photos courtesy of David.

Cory