• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My new old red HCS

Ruppstang

Hi to everyone and thanks to Jon H. for getting me on the site. In April we purchased a red HCS that has some history. It was Bob Teets first HCS back in the 80's. It was also used for the photos in Paul N. first book under the HCS chapter. Bob had restored the car to show car condition and it had been featured in Mustang Monthly in Febuary 1986. Unfortunely the fellow that Bob sold the car to let it sit out side in the Calaifornia sun for 20 years. Now it is in need of complete restoration again. I am a MCA gold card judge and plan to do a concours restoration. Bob as all ready been a great help with history and information. I am looking forward to the help and advice available on this site. Marty MCA38812

franklinair

WELCOME!!! I met Bob Teets a while back. A fine & knowledgeable gentleman. Good luck on your restoration project, and you'll find lots of help & encouragement here.

Neil Hoppe

classicsguy

Hi to everyone and thanks to Jon H. for getting me on the site. In April we purchased a red HCS that has some history. It was Bob Teets first HCS back in the 80's. It was also used for the photos in Paul N. first book under the HCS chapter. Bob had restored the car to show car condition and it had been featured in Mustang Monthly in Febuary 1986. Unfortunely the fellow that Bob sold the car to let it sit out side in the Calaifornia sun for 20 years. Now it is in need of complete restoration again. I am a MCA gold card judge and plan to do a concours restoration. Bob as all ready been a great help with history and information. I am looking forward to the help and advice available on this site. Marty MCA38812

Welcome to the forum Ruppstang!! Just out of curiosity who did you purchase thi car from? There was a guy here that had about 12 GT/CS and HCS and I remember that one of them belonged to BOb Teets,I believe it was a red one. This guy bought a collection of these cars and almost all of them were projects but cant remember his name.

di81977

Welcome to the site. Just last month I gave Bob my copy of the Mustang Monthly with your new car. Tell him to pass it on:smile:

david

robert campbell

Welcome Marty! Bob Teets is the man as you know on HCS cars. Anything you see on the net or in print is the result of his dedication to these cars.

What a lucky guy to score a car he once restored! Good luck and if the rest of us can help with non-HCS stuff, we are at the ready. Lots of mechnical and electrical people, and people who scan everything and everywhere for parts.

Welcome!

Rob

aemoo28

I know first hand what a valuable tool this forum is when putting a car back together. Welcome to the site, fellow MCA member. And a gold card judge too.

What state are you in?

Mosesatm

Would this be the car?

Attachments

• 1991 Year in Mustangs March Small.jpg
    1991 Year in Mustangs March Small.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 1991 Year in Mustangs Cover Small.jpg
    1991 Year in Mustangs Cover Small.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 75

Mosesatm

And this?

Attachments

• 1986 Feb MM Cover Small.jpg
    1986 Feb MM Cover Small.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1986 Feb MM Page 2 Small.jpg
    1986 Feb MM Page 2 Small.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1986 Feb MM Page Small.jpg
    1986 Feb MM Page Small.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 28

Mosesatm

And maybe this one?

Attachments

• 1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 4 Small.jpg
    1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 4 Small.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 3 Small.jpg
    1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 3 Small.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 24
  • 1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 2 Small.jpg
    1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 2 Small.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 1 Small.jpg
    1987 Aug Must Hot Rod 1 Small.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 1987 Aug Must Hot Rod Cover Small.jpg
    1987 Aug Must Hot Rod Cover Small.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 19

Mosesatm

Ok, how about one more.

Geez, I sure hope I'm posting pictures of the right car!:undecided

Attachments

• 1993 March Must & Fords 2 Small.jpg
    1993 March Must & Fords 2 Small.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

I live in Weeping Water a small town south of Omaha Nebraska. I started out looking for a GT CS but never dreamed we would buy a HCS. That's extra cool because they were originaly sold in western Nebraska.
Thanks Moseatm that is our car. Sadly it does not look like that now. Bob had made a show board that had those pictures on it but it is very faded. When I figure out how to post pictures I will put some current ones one the site. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome Marty MCA38812

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Hi Tim,
Did you take your highland green 390 GT CS to Park City UT. last year for the MCA grand national? If you did I judged your car. Nice car by the way. That show is where I first met Bob Teets and decided to start looking for a GT CS. Marty

Midnight Special

Hi Tim,
Did you take your highland green 390 GT CS to Park City UT. last year for the MCA grand national? If you did I judged your car. Nice car by the way. That show is where I first met Bob Teets and decided to start looking for a GT CS. Marty

Hi Marty,
Ironically, I owned and drove that car as my first CS from 1978 to 1980 as a flared-fendered hot rod, but sold it for $800 around 1981. Its condition today is nothing short of miraculous, but I had no involvement...

Indeed, Bob Teets is a wonderful and resourceful gentleman! The HCS I have today was a result of his enthusiasm :)

somethingspecial

Hi Tim,

Welcome Marty, Glad to see you found a HCS. It was my car in Park City. Thanks to you, Russ and the other gentleman that was with you, I have taken care of any descrepancy with the car. Attached is a photo of it at it's worst. Again, welcome aboard. Mike

Attachments

• storage 001003.jpg
    storage 001003.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Wow Mike,
That took some real vision to take that car where you have it today! Marty