• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stripes

hookedtrout

I find it interesting when looking at various pictures of GT/CS Mustangs that the side stripe kit ends up with so many variations when cars are repainted. I've seen them with the stripes extending beyond the scoop to the back as well as not having the stripe in front of the front wheel well. But the issue that concernes me the most is the location of the scoop stripe. My guess is that it should be centered top to bottom and you see it high and low as well as on a slope at times.

Has everyone else noticed all the variations that seem to be applied. I know when I have my car redone I'm going to make dang sure I'm present when they apply the stripe kit so it gets exactly where it should be.

Cory

I know what you mean about the variation in stripes. I've seen a GT/CS at UTArlington that has stripes all the way to the back. The Gt/Cs logo in the scoop was cut out with a stencil. The car looked pretty sloppy.

The stripes that I sell come with a instruction booklet that give the proper location for the stripes. I use a CNC laser machine to cut the stripes in any custom color of 8yr Avery Vinyl or 3M vinyl. I think Avery Vinyl is better though, it is alot more workable than 3M. I sell solid color stripes for $55.00, and metallic for $70.00.

68sunlitgold

hookedtrout,
I agree, I have seen many variations of where the stripe has been placed. Another often applied mistake is extending the stripe past the door opening gap, between the door and the scope. There should actually be no stripe between the door/quarter panel gap and the scope.
Doug