• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Air cleaner and vavle covers

BrandonB

Anyone able to post pics of the original style of GT/CS air cleaner and vavle covers when I got mine it had a cobra kit on it but I want it to look original, thanks for helping

P.S. if anyone has some they do not need or want I would be happy to take them from you for a price of course =)

thanks, Brandon

68sunlitgold

Brandon,
first I need to know what size engine you have, they are different for each size. I will post a picture of the 289/302 aircleaner/heat riser. They are almost identical except for the opening where the heat riser attaches to the aircleaner snorkle (302 is bigger).
Doug

PS forgot to add, the parts you have on your car maybe orginal, that is from the dealer. My mustang owners had the dealer install chrome aircleaners, and valve covers.

Attachments

• air2.jpg
    air2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 17

quicknick

Brandon,
If you are changing back to stock, I would be interested in buying your cobra kit if the price is right. Let me know. Nicholas

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

To Sunlitgold: I have a 289 and how would I be able to tell if the cobra kit was dealer added or not? If it isnt added by dealer I would just prefer the original air cleaner and valve covers

To Quicknick: If my cobra kit isnt dealer added I would be happy to sell the cleaner and valve covers to you for a very cheap price

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Also Doug,

If my cobra kit is only a dress up kit do you know of a place to buy an original looking set? I've looked every where and all I see are chrome pieces left and right or the ones for the 65-66 year but nothing in the color of blue.

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Does anyone know where you can buy repos of air cleaners and valve covers? thats ARNT chrome or krinkled black?

68sunlitgold

Brandon,
As far as I have found, no one makes repros of the air cleaners, most have valve covers. Your best bet for both though is ebay. I have purchased air cleaners from a couple of people from ebay with no problem, just make sure you get a 289 and not 302, remember they look alike expect the 289 heat riser attaching point is smaller (ie the circle). There are valve cover there too.
Doug

I would check at some junkyards. I bet they would have some for cheap. Any for 289 engine uses same valve covers and air cleaner housings, not specific to GT/CS. Just offer them like $10 and they will probably take it. IF you can't find any, there are some salvage yards that I know by where I live that definately has some. Let me know and I'll check for you.

68sunlitgold

I agree, the cost will be much cheaper if you can find it at a junkyard. One thing to look for is the 289 aircleaners are different from 65-67 to 68. Look for one like I have pictured.
Doug

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

I'll check the salvage yards near me and see if there are any if not mrshelby I'll gladly keep your offer in mind so I'll let you guys know soon

Also, Quicknick do you still want to buy my cobra dress kit?, its for a 289.

FYI, there is no difference in the heat riser size attaching point for 289/302 in 68 they are identical.
Restore

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

I didnt get your PM yet then nick :-\ ill check tomarrow maybe it'll be there then, Im off for the night ;D