• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sound Deadener Kits

p51

I'm thinking about installing a "sound deadener kit" in my stang in order to reduce road noise, etc. These kits consist of padding that goes under the carpeting.

(1) Has anyone done this?
(2) Did it improve the noise/vibration significantly?
(3) How hard was it to install?
(4) What kit would you recommend?

The one that I'm thinking of is:

http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MPFMP&Product_Code=04143&Category_Code=sound_deadener

BTW: Not really sure if the new rules allow smilies in our posts but I'll sneak one in anyway :scared:

Thanks

James

Jayscal

That kit looks great for the price. You can count on it cutting down on noise. I have a Lincoln Mark VII, and that rubber insulation is used through out the car, the car has a very quiet cabin. Lincolns and Cadillacs have used rubber insulation like this for years to keep the interior of the car quiet. Installation is not difficult, you will have to remove the seats, console, and carpet. The only downside is a little extra weight, if your not drag racing it will make for a nice addition to your car.

OP
OP
p51

p51

Jayscal said:
That kit looks great for the price. You can count on it cutting down on noise. I have a Lincoln Mark VII, and that rubber insulation is used through out the car, the car has a very quiet cabin. Lincolns and Cadillacs have used rubber insulation like this for years to keep the interior of the car quiet. Installation is not difficult, you will have to remove the seats, console, and carpet. The only downside is a little extra weight, if your not drag racing it will make for a nice addition to your car.
Jay

Thanks for the info/insight.

James