• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

E-Brake Handle

nfrntau

Does anyone know how to remove the E-Brake handle without breaking it?
Mine was already toast when I got my car. I looked at one a few days ago in a junk yard 68 and there appears to be a small pin driven into one side only. I couldn't figure out how to remove it without damaging the handle.
Any input would be appeciated.

L8GR868

I replaced my handle because it broke off at the rod also.
I bought a replacement handle and pin. I could not get the pin out so I had to remove the rod from the car.(You must remove the cable to do this.) and then drilled the pin out. I first tried to use a hand drill but I couldnt keep the the drill bit where I needed it. While the brake assembly was still in the car. The bit will move around too much.
Eric

JGFRANCK

The way I took my handle off was I put the rod over a vice and had a round hand punch and just hamered the roll pin out.You can also do this in the car if you have someone hold a good hunk of steel,or something heavy aganst the rod while you punch the roll pin out. This is a little harder but it can be done with a helper..Hope this helps...Joel

PFSlim

Typically, the cabin is pretty rusted as well. I ordered a new assy from handle to housing to cable and replaced all.

Paul