• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Super-Duper Wax

Mosesatm

The July 2006 edition of "Auto Restorer" has a little blurb in it about a new wax. I’ve never heard of the stuff but it sounds interesting.

From the article:

Here in the world of automotive restoration I'm often bombarded with news of the latest product for making the old ride shine. I hear how easy the product goes on and how much it improves the shine, but when I ask the first question of importance, is it body shop safe, that usually ends the sales pitch.

Body shop safe means that the product contains no silicones, no VOC's (sic) and is environmentally friendly. It also means the product has to measure up to the body shop standards in that it must be durable, contain a degree of UV protection and be long lasting.

Optimum Car Wax meets these criteria. This is an actual spray-on wax product that contains a high grade Carnauba wax to put a long lasting shine on the vehicle. It also contains sealant polymers to eliminate the swirl marks normally associated with spray-on wax products.

How well does it work? I tested Optimum Car Wax on the shop truck as it receives absolutely no pampering and is constantly subjected to the whims of West Texas weather.

Application was easy. I washed the truck then spent roughly 20 minutes coating the entire vehicle.

Apply Optimum Car Wax to one panel at a time, followed by a gentle buff with a microfiber towel to bring out the shine and you are done.

As of this writing, three months have passed since the application to the truck. Since it no longer rains in this part of the world I’ve had to resort to spraying the truck with a hose to verify the Optimum Car Wax application will still bead water. It does, and the truck looks great.

As I said, this is no wimpy spray-on coating. One application of Optimum Car Wax will last up to five months, has no harsh chemicals and will keep the ride looking good for years to come.

Chemicar USA
670 New York St
Memphis, TN 38104
www.chemicar.com