• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

selling my GT/CS (sold)

WLM

I am putting my GT/CS up for sale to support a new business venture. It is on page 3 of the gallery. Candyapple red with white top. I have had extensive mechanical work done in the last year because I wanted a dependable driver. The 302 was rebuilt by Jasper motors, has 300 miles on it. it has new starter, alternator, master cylinder, brake lines, water pump, petronix, radiator rebuilt, complete suspension new or rebuilt front and rear, power steering rebuilt all linkage, new bushings, upper and lower ball joints. I am sure there is more I am forgetting, I have approx. $8000 in receipts from this year, Comes with stock wheels and tires and 10 spoke set of wheels and tires. Price is $24,500. I am listing here first. I could find no rust anywhere. Great driving car! Any one interested can call me or e-mail for more pics and info.

Bill Martin
850-907-0900
info@wlmartinhomes.com

I forgot to add that my listing in the gallery doesn't note it, but the CS has power steering and power disc brakes, it also has the original Marchal foglights.

SOLD ON 10/12/05

Perkchiro

Re:selling my GT/CS

Bill: You have a beautiful car and worth every penny of your asking price. Good luck selling it. The person who gets it will having a wonderful show piece. Best wishes for success in your new business venture.

Steve

OP
OP
W

WLM

Thanks Steve, I hope it goes to a member here. I plan on waiting 3 or 4 days before I list on on-line sites.

Bill Martin

connvalley

Looked at your photos and the car looks like it's a 1968 out of the showroom, very nice indeed. I was puzzled by the bench seats, most of the interior photos of the GT/CS vehicles I've seen showed bucket seats. Is this something rare for a GT/CS to have bench seats ?

I was in a few early mustangs recently and the bench seat felt higher off the floor than bucket seats which seemed easier to get in and out. This would be a plus for us baby boomers who are not too nimble.. With those few extra pounds we carry, it's tough fighting gravity getting out of a seat near the floor..

OP
OP
W

WLM

The bench seat is a very rare factory option. I have a Marti report on this car that documents it as the only Mustang in 68 with this color and options. There were very few mustangs that had a deluxe interior and a bench seat. I have an original 1968 dealer brochure that shows a bench seat in a GT/CS in the same colors as my car! This is the first mustang I have had with a bench seat. I prefer the bench seat.

Bill Martin

PFSlim

Bill

We have all enjoyed your pictures of your car. It is a very very nice car and we hate to lose you to from the group.

Good luck on selling the car. I believe you are on the money for your asking price.

Paul

hookedtrout

I'll add my name to the list of those in agreement on the value, worth that and more from what I can see. You have one of the most beautiful GT/CS's I've seen. I absolutely love the stance you have on your suspension and the tire and wheel combo is perfect. I wish I had my stance dialed in the same as yours. It just has an I want to eat you for lunch look.

Cory

OP
OP
W

WLM

Thanks for the compliments. I hope to get another GT/CS a couple of years down the road, so I plan to still keep up with this site even after I sell.

Bill

OP
OP
W

WLM

I just listed my CS on cars-on-line.com it is in the Mustang, low mileage and muscecar sections.

Bill

68MustangHCS

The guy on the site with the $39K California Special........??? Maybe $20K.....??? Nice car but.....Man...ever since gone with 60 seconds.....every mustang is worth a fortune....

http://www.cars-on-line.com/19787.html

There is a standard coupe on that site from Colorado for only $15,500. That would be a good price for a GT/CS...BUT a standard coupe??...

http://www.cars-on-line.com/22024.html

Everybody's car seems to be worth a fortune! Fastbacks are disappearing and becoming shelby clones....

If we could only get someone to make a movie about Little Red....?? or Maybe a new Smoky and the Bandit Movie with Burt Reynolds stealing 100 California Specials in 24 hours with a gumball rally crew...The Sheriff in hot pursuit....stopping off in Texarkana for some Coors Beer... getting married in Las Vegas to Sally Fields in the Elvis Chapel...and arriving in San Jose, California for a Mustang reunion...and so on...Look out, all of the coupe prices would double and the real GT/CS and HCS cars would be $100K cars...

Mustanger

[quote author=68MustangHCS link=board=3;threadid=2157;start=0#msg15065 date=1128644524]

If we could only get someone to make a movie about Little Red....?? or Maybe a new Smoky and the Bandit Movie with Burt Reynolds stealing 100 California Specials in 24 hours with a gumball rally crew...The Sheriff in hot pursuit....stopping off in Texarkana for some Coors Beer... getting married in Las Vegas to Sally Fields in the Elvis Chapel...and arriving in San Jose, California for a Mustang reunion...and so on...Look out, all of the coupe prices would double and the real GT/CS and HCS cars would be $100K cars...

[/quote]

If that movie ever comes out, I'm there ... :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Mosesatm

The Gumball Rally has to be one of the best Cannonball movies of all time. If anyone hasn't seen it and can find it I highly recommend renting it.

....thing looks like a damn jukebox.....

Gotta love it ;D

rvrtrash

"First rule of Italian racing driving is-What isa behind you, don'ta matter!" One of my favorite movies. ;D
Steve

OP
OP
W

WLM

Sale pending. The buyer is planning to come pick it up on Thursday. It will be staying in Florida.

Bill

68sunlitgold

Bill,
sorry for your pending loss, but maybe you can still visit it every once in awhile.

Doug