CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/08/2018, 01:13 PM   #1
68Jcode

Wink engine rebuild

Hello everyone,

im going to start working on my car, wondering if anyone knows of a shop or engine builder i can get my engine rebuilt with out in California? im in Los Angeles and i want to make sure this Jcode is worked thru properly.

Thanks in Advance!
68Jcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Batgirl89

My Garage
Im in the bay area, Livermore, its kinda far for you. We have a machine shop here, D&M, its been here for years, he does all the classic cars and really know his stuff, he loves Fords. Hes doing our GT/CS GT 390 right now. He said that no one around here can grind a crank and sends them out to a guy in CO. Hes having a special cam built for me that will give more HP but sounds stock. Hes very correct, original, & knowledgeable. Its going to be about $3k for him to build my motor. He covered the VIN stamp with a plate on my engine block to preserve the VIN stamp for when it went in the bead blast tank. When we dropped all my stuff off, he showed us a engine block from a mopar bumble bee valued at $100K, that he is doing. He will build the motor how ever you want it, stock or not. You could freight ship your motor to him.
Batgirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2018, 12:26 PM   #3
68Jcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl89 View Post
Im in the bay area, Livermore, its kinda far for you. We have a machine shop here, D&M, its been here for years, he does all the classic cars and really know his stuff, he loves Fords. Hes doing our GT/CS GT 390 right now. He said that no one around here can grind a crank and sends them out to a guy in CO. Hes having a special cam built for me that will give more HP but sounds stock. Hes very correct, original, & knowledgeable. Its going to be about $3k for him to build my motor. He covered the VIN stamp with a plate on my engine block to preserve the VIN stamp for when it went in the bead blast tank. When we dropped all my stuff off, he showed us a engine block from a mopar bumble bee valued at $100K, that he is doing.
thanks so much for the info, great move on the vin protection!! Hopefully can find something a bit closer to home at the Fabulous Fords Show next month.
68Jcode is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions