• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Would you like to have your Gt/CS restored to Concourse Trailered condition?

390cs68rcode

... But they should be driven (exercised) and maintained as they will return to nature just as fast w/ sitting. I've replaced far more old parts than worn parts...

I disagree. A concours car that is kept inside and does not have fluids in it will last MUCH longer than a driven car. Ask Bob Perkins.

Mosesatm

I disagree. A concours car that is kept inside and does not have fluids in it will last MUCH longer than a driven car. Ask Bob Perkins.

Seals are a big problem for cars that are not driven, but if one never puts fluids in the car dried seals really don't matter.

John McGilvary

IMO, even if I had the $$ to have my CS taken apart, polished and painted,
put in Concourse Trailered condition, I would not do it. When I bought my CS
new it was not in perfect condition, and was built to drive.

The only problem I have is driving my CS out in public and having to leave it
unattended for any legnth of time.

John

Midnight Special

IMO, even if I had the $$ to have my CS taken apart, polished and painted,
put in Concourse Trailered condition, I would not do it. When I bought my CS
new it was not in perfect condition, and was built to drive.

The only problem I have is driving my CS out in public and having to leave it
unattended for any legnth of time.

John

I drive one to work and to specific places almost every day. I do not park in shopping centers or places where I can't keep an eye on it. I also spend a part of each weekend keeping them polished, detailed and repaired (usually power steering - replaced hoses and one control valve on 3 over the past 2 years). I thoroughly enjoy them while making it easy for others to as well. We have a big downtown car show coming up on the 28th. My greatest pleasure is gathering my close friends & family - making a party out of prepping, then after a briefing - taking all cars to the event. We'll then go for a 40-mile or so drive, stop for gas, then home. Risky? Maybe, but I don't worry about what could happen... If they were all "concours", I would never consider such an outing...

Attachments

• g34.jpg
    g34.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 28
  • g7.jpg
    g7.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 34

RedGTvert

Well, there is an alternative to Trailered, and that is concours driven category. It is a little more forgiving then trailered, although still a bit stringent.

Then there is Occasional Driven, Daily Driven and Modified.

All in all, MCA does have many categories that many can enjoy with their cars.

This is not an advertisement for MCA, but being being proud member, I find there is much to offer all, whether you want to restore to the top classes of T-bred/Trailered or not shoot for the moon and go with some of the others which may make more sense for the person who enjoys driving their cars.

Midnight Special

Well, there is an alternative to Trailered, and that is concours driven category. It is a little more forgiving then trailered, although still a bit stringent.

Then there is Occasional Driven, Daily Driven and Modified.

All in all, MCA does have many categories that many can enjoy with their cars.

This is not an advertisement for MCA, but being being proud member, I find there is much to offer all, whether you want to restore to the top classes of T-bred/Trailered or not shoot for the moon and go with some of the others which may make more sense for the person who enjoys driving their cars.

...Nothing wrong with a little promo. BTW; 'Bought another GT/CS today. I'll give a full report w/ pics when it arrives :)

68gt390

Tim;
I'm pretty much the same way. I drive my CS to work, Hooter's, Applebees and all ove the place to include a lot of shows but, it is never out of my sight for any long period of time. Heck, even at work I keep several camera's on her in the parking lot. Even my fellow workers help keep an eye on her when it's at work. Now that the warm weather has hit she will be on the road almost everyday. By the way congrats on your new purchase. That's great.

Don :cool:

Midnight Special

I will neither accept, nor deny responsibilty for your addiction. :wink:

Just so you know, I've finally come to terms with the seriousness of my condition and have enrolled in a 12-step program.

It's known as "CAL"-Anon... A secretive group that helps us to cope with the influences of family dysfunction such as we have here. Now with nine Mustangs; I figure I have only three more steps to go...

Mustanger

Congrats, Tim! I hope your new CS is as cool as your other ones, or at least it soon will be, I'm sure of it ...

Midnight Special

Cool Tim!!! I would love to visit your garage just once! Can't wait to see the pics of the new one!

Thank you folks! I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I will post a full report w/ pics when she arrives in about 2-3 weeks. I scheduled the enclosed semi today :) After a show here in June, Don will then take it to the BBQ in August.

04Retro

A lucker here--looking for but still haven't found a 'reasonable' GT/CS to buy -reasonable as to condition, do not have a lot of time to 'restore'--although that does bring about a lot of pleasure--I think the best approach (money not withstanding) is the Jay Leno approach--restore to 100%...drive it to 70% and then restore again......have both pleasures.