• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Need Questions for a Milpitas Ford Worker Interview

bbeatty

I'd like to know if some cars had a grommet in the hood for the turn signal wires.

390cs68rcode

hicountrybob said:
JB, can you document that "NO', please? HC Bob here, thanks

It is my understanding the gromet was used in the trunk wiring hole not the hood holes. (I hope I did not mix these up in my head and it was the other way around). If I am wrong please correct me.

68gt390

390cs68rcode said:
can you post the marti? if you need help posting let me know.

I'm beginning to wonder about the accuracy of the Marti Reports. I have seen several Reports now that show in the STATISTICS box "4118" with California Special but, on my report it is only listed were it show's vehicle was ordered with the following options. I have never seen a Marti Report that shows what type of rims the car came with. Both my reports simply say GT Equipment Group. I know the non-GT cars could be ordered with the chrome styled steel wheels with plain center cap but, from all information I've been able to gather from books and folks who specialize in Mustang restoration indicates that all GT optioned cars came from the factory with Argent wheels.
Again, with all the weird stuff that they did at the factories anything could be possible. I would love to see a Marti Report that shows what type of rims came on the car from the factory?

Even the dealer brochure I have shows only the Chrome Styled Steel Wheel with plain stainless center cap. Could it be possible that the dealerships were swapping out the Argent wheels for the Chrome wheels and changing the center cap to the GT type on GT optioned cars? I've always wondered why the center cap was not chrome also on the chrome wheels rather than stainless on both wheels.

Don :confused:

Mosesatm

This was discussed a while back and I think we finally agreed that there was no grommet in the hood.

390cs68rcode

Don

here is a car I owned. I figure it was a showroom car to show all the options available. It is a Stock ordered car and did not sell for 15 months. This should settle the chrome wheel thing. :grin:

marti390gt.jpg

somethingspecial

My window sticker does not mention the wheel option, So is it safe to assume the car left the factory with painted wheels? Mike

Mosesatm

I understand the Marti report to mean that since the car was ordered with the GT option it was to have painted wheels but the chrome wheels were ordered as a separate option. Therefore all GT cars were supposed to have painted wheels. Any GTs with chrome wheels were ordered specifically with chrome wheels or were dealer added. Is that how others see it?

case12

Chrome styled wheels and painted styled wheels:

The GT option came with painted styled wheels. I have several original Mustang documents saying this and showing pictures of it on a GT.

I have an original 68 Mustang Fact Book and it lists the chrome styled steel wheels available with any v8 engine as a RPO (Regular Production Option) from the factory. The chrome styled wheel option is NOT listed as a DLR (Dealer Installed Accessory).

So, the Marti report Jason shows would be correct. Casey

hicountrybob

Mosesatm said:
I understand the Marti report to mean that since the car was ordered with the GT option it was to have painted wheels but the chrome wheels were ordered as a separate option. Therefore all GT cars were supposed to have painted wheels. Any GTs with chrome wheels were ordered specifically with chrome wheels or were dealer added. Is that how others see it?
YES, Arlie! HC Bob here

hicountrybob

case12 said:
Chrome styled wheels and painted styled wheels:

The GT option came with painted styled wheels. I have several original Mustang documents saying this and showing pictures of it on a GT.

I have an original 68 Mustang Fact Book and it lists the chrome styled steel wheels available with any v8 engine as a RPO (Regular Production Option) from the factory. The chrome styled wheel option is NOT listed as a DLR (Dealer Installed Accessory).

So, the Marti report Jason shows would be correct. Casey
Casey, thank you, thank you, thank you. We went thru this once before this past year or so and I guess we have owners that don't recall or perhaps new people to this site. I, too, listed my source as being from an April 29, 1968
'Manufacturer's Label Prices' booklet of 48 pages, similar to a 'Salesman Facts & Specification Book' of 30 pages. If anyone wishes to see my prior post (for what's it's worth) just pull my prior post on this subject. Maybe Casey and I have been able to put this subject to rest for awhile. Thanks for your interest. HC Bob here.

mmarsalone

Do they remember 8R01C147881 coming down the line? It was Sunlit Gold with Nugget Gold interior.

Sorry all, I couldn't resist, this thread got a little side tracked. (I even contributed to the wheel discussion)

Mike

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Dear "HC "great source for factory workers" Bob" Teets;

"I never reveal my sources"....

(pssst...Thanks, Bob).

Paul N. :)

J.Bart

production problems?

a question i have had for quite sometime is the attitude or atmosphere concerning production??????
if they didn't have a perticular option when it was needed, (or if it never happened?) what was the mind set of management?
were out of ???? should we up grade it to????? to get it built?
we'll put that sticker on down the line?
some people say that date codes on say, engine parts would have to be within 30 days or ? of the build date? were there surpluses in certin parts?
or were there no problems in production, and things always went smoothly?

BroadwayBlue

How about some "fun" info to lighten things up a little as well.

Like are there stories about what they did to have fun on the line or just things they did out of the norm?
I recall the story of an obscene drawing on a firewall, coffee cups stuffed in doors, etc ...

Rich

quicknick

BroadwayBlue said:
How about some "fun" info to lighten things up a little as well.

Like are there stories about what they did to have fun on the line or just things they did out of the norm?
I recall the story of an obscene drawing on a firewall, coffee cups stuffed in doors, etc ...

Rich

Good question Rich. I would be curious to see how they answer. I worked on the assy. line at Chrysler's Lynch Road Assy. Plant from 1979 to 1983. We never had any fun. Just a lot of hard, sweaty, ball busting work. I still have nightmares.