• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

valve covers

nfrntau

Y'all missed a few families.
I-4
I-6
&
V-6

Those three may be broken down into separates also, I don't know.

I did need to point out for those of you who were not aware, I also am a member of the rube clan 8)

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=3;threadid=2150;start=15#msg14631 date=1127359545]
Its really not the size that matters guys. ::)
;)Rhonda
[/quote]

well maybe not what YOU are talking about but when it comes to motors it DOES count. ;D

68gt390

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=3;threadid=2150;start=15#msg14631 date=1127359545]
Its really not the size that matters guys. ::)
;)Rhonda
[/quote]

You just had to go there!!. On the one hand (no pun intended), I'll agree with Jason - there is no replacement for displacement. Now, on the other hand if it puts a smile on your face - be happy.

Don ;D

hookedtrout

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=3;threadid=2150;start=15#msg14629 date=1127352751]
Y'all missed a few families.
I-4
I-6
&
V-6

Those three may be broken down into separates also, I don't know.

I did need to point out for those of you who were not aware, I also am a member of the rube clan 8)
[/quote]

And don't forget the Triton V10, I certainly don't forget when I pull up to the pump at 11 MPG in my SuperDuty. But then I balance things out by driving the Flamed Festiva to work and back all the time at 43 MPG. Actually rarely drive the V10 unless I'm pulling the Toy Hauler headed to the hills for a weekend of fun. 2001 with only 29,000 miles, sure pulls nice.

Cory

68MustangHCS

[quote author=quicknick link=board=3;threadid=2150;start=0#msg14609 date=1127317744]
He stuck his finger in my face and emphatically told me that ALL FE engines (including all 428's Jason) are not big blocks.
[/quote]

Sounds like something my Dad would do... I really respect the knowledge of the people who worked on these machines.

mikegtcs1968

Come on guys, its as a wise man once said "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if
you win, you're still retarded." Here is a helpful illustration for those that have trouble reading.

Attachments

• arguing.jpg
    arguing.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 19

Mosesatm

[quote author=mikegtcs1968 link=board=3;threadid=2150;start=15#msg14767 date=1127959450]
Come on guys, its as a wise man once said "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if
you win, you're still retarded." Here is a helpful illustration for those that have trouble reading.
[/quote]

Some may consider that to be in poor taste.

Mustanger

I have a relative (second cousin's daughter) who has down syndrome, and she's one of the neatest persons I know. And even though she can't express herself as well as you or I, we all know that she is precious, and that her heart is very loving :).

x-codegtcs

Two Classics - I will have a set available this winter if you are interested. They are coming off of a 68 390 cougar. They will need to be blasted and painted.

If you don't want to wait, I know a guy that I can check with. He is horrible to get in touch with. Let me know.

NOW WITH THAT SAID...

Quicknick is right - the 352-428 is a mid block - BUT if you insist to call it a big block - do it in the mind set that it is the BIGgest BLOCK that would fit in the 67-68 Mustang. (thank goodness they didn't try any larger) :-\

I know that saying a 428 is a mid block sounds weird when a 429 is a big block. But consider this, the 428 is just a bored and stroked 390 - or - 352 for that matter since many of the 428 standard blocks had the 352 cast number on the fly wheel side of the block. The CI does not justify the block regardless of how much you can bore and stroke the CI. An 8" rearend, even with 5.11's is still an 8". :-\