CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 12/31/2018, 07:52 AM   #1
TexAg

My Garage
Talking So, I did a thing...

Back in 2001, I bought a complete, but not running ‘67 coupe with a 3 speed and 6 cylinder. My purpose was to build a restomod, and use the donor parts to rebuild a ‘66 6 cylinder coupe that I had. So anyway, 10 years later I completed both cars, but was forced to sell them in 2010.

Fast forward to 2018, and while going through pictures, I became nestalgic and regretted my decision to sell nine years earlier. I went on the hunt and was finally able to get in touch with the then 16 year old kid (now 25) that I sold the car to. To my surprise, he and his father still owned it, and it hadn’t been wrapped around a tree! In fact, they claim to have only driven the car on sunny days.

Anyway, after two months of back and forth, and another $1500 than I sold it for, I brought back home my first “build” project. It’s not a CS, nor a clone, but I’ve always wanted a Shelby or a CS, so that was the direction I went with. Anyway, my wife’s not all that excited,so I wanted to share with someone.

I don’t know how put pictures, if I can figure it out I’ll edit this.

'68 Highland Green GT/CS J-code
‘67 Resto-Mod Shelby fiberglass with EFI 5.0
TexAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2018, 09:58 AM   #2
stangfan

GT/CS 8R01C150245

My Garage
Congratulations!

Steve Cracknell
stangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2018, 04:38 PM   #3
p51
My Car Details

Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg View Post
...Anyway, after two months of back and forth, and another $1500 than I sold it for, I brought back home my first “build” project. It’s not a CS, nor a clone, but I’ve always wanted a Shelby or a CS, so that was the direction I went with...
Not sure how far along you are, but if I were doing a clone I would do one that exactly replicated (externally) either:
(1) A "Little Red" Shelby clone or...
(2) A "Green Hornet" Shelby clone (a bit more work but what a GT/CS should have been IMO)

With resto-modifications of a 347 stroker, 5-speed, EFI, upgraded suspension, rack-n-pinion steering, subframe connectors, export brace, TMI seats, etc.

... but that's just me

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > Misc Forums > Off Topic Lounge