• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Scoop Insert Color

Redwingrobb

Good evening, my car has been prepped and will be sprayed tomorrow. The question that I got from the paint guy was what color I wanted my scoop insert painted. From the looks of it, my car was repainted and I'm not positive what color my scoop insert should be. I think it should be white. My car is white with red stripes. Should the correct color be white, red, silver or black? Misplaced my recognition guide. Thanks. Robb

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Robb, are you talking about the perforated metal screen that's riveted inside the scoop opening? If so that's not painted. And there's a black material behind it, not paint. Can't recall where to get that material off the top of my head. Bob Teets used to sell it, but not sure if he still does.

So the fiberglass scoop itself would be painted all body color. Then the black material goes inside the scoop opening, followed by the perforated metal screen insert, riveted in place.

JGFRANCK

scoop

Hey Rob,
For the black part behind the screen on the side scoops,I used some black rubber roofing material. It worked great. Joel