• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

200? GTCS as a Ford heritage product

coloradoHCS

All, I don't know how to do those fancy links but if you go to www.gotmustang.com and click on the new GT500 overview and scroll down part way through the article you will see the following quote by a Ford insider. " SVT will now develope non-SVT branded Ford performance vehicles including heritage based performance Mustangs in the spirit of the 2001 Bullit GT and the 2003 Mach 1" What do you think?? After the latest copy right info do you think a new GTCS is on the way?? I wonder what that will do to recognition and values???
Also I know how most of us feel about the new Shelby Cobra but I went ahead and put money down to get on the list. I am number 8 here in west Denver. This gives me first right of refusal if the car is not what I thought or they start gouging on the prices. My thinking is even though Shelby's input is minimal I want one that was built with his approval since I would keep it for life. Once he is gone then his influence and signature also go.

I also love the promised performance, but "Vette Killer engine?" now that's harsh...Ha...Ha!

rvrtrash

Maybe my Vette killer comment was a little harsh. How about we just leave them maimed and bleeding on the side of the road, trying to figure out what just happened? ;D
Steve

rvrtrash

Bottom line is, we're all just a bunch of gearheads with a passion for cool cars. If everyone liked exactly the same thing, few of us could afford that one car and the rest would just rust away (or crack and crumble). Keep the faith-someday the Corvette will be popular too. In the meantime, you have your CS's to be proud of. ::)
Steve