• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Introductions - And bringing one back from the dead

OP
OP
Cool Manchu

Cool Manchu

I have the original plates. I am thinking that I might want to get them redone before I start jumping through the DMV hoops. However, it appears that the DMV won't be too bad. It's just single piece of paper to fill out and then I have to wait.

somethingspecial

Get the plates reassigned to the car before you have them restored. DMV can be sticklers about modified plates, and having them restored can be deemed modified. I have seen this happen in the hot rod YOM plates here in my town and DMV has denied allowing them assigned to a car because they had been repainted. Just a heads up.

p51

Glad you're keeping the black plates. IMO, if you live in California, having original black California license plates on a California Special are a must.

OP
OP
Cool Manchu

Cool Manchu

I had thought that too p51...but you know these plates aren't terrible. It's a great looking car to being with right? :) However, I am going to get the originals back on. They aren't terrible, no rust damage, etc. But they are dented, have scratches, etc.

I know that someone on here recently had theirs done and they looked fantastic, so I might go that route.

Hope you have a Happy New Year.