• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Celebrity status

Forsche

We went out to dinner this weekend with some friends. They are not car nuts but seemed mildly interested, nothing more, in our Gt/CS. Sara insisted we take the mustang. As we were driving we commented that they were likely one of the few people that had ever sat in the back seat since Walter and his mother (the PO's) were so reclusive and never had other family (or friends).

As we pulled into the parking area someone said "nice mustang!" and as we got out of the car the two people asked if they could bother us with some questions and said they loved the car. "Was it a real CS?", "was it original", "how long had we owned it?". They seemed interested enough that we gave them a quick version of the "reclusive millionaire" history. What was even more fun was that the minute we started talking about it one of the guys said, "this is THAT car!!" He had read the story and interrupted us to tell his friend the whole story that he had read on the internet about reclusive Walter, his millions in gold coins and his mustang. He acted as if he had just met a celebrity (the mustang)...lol. He went on to say that he loved mustangs and has owned a 1965 and several others. Before we parted he asked us if we would be interested in having it considered for movies? He's works for the motion pictures studio mechanics union in ATL. Gave us his card and asked us to email him.

Very likely nothing will come of the movie thing but what a fun conversation and as we walked away our friends seemed just a bit more impressed with our tired little mustang :smile: and I later thanked Sara for insisting that we take the car to dinner.

Don

I wouldn't be so sure. I remember reading about the car and the story seems interesting enough to share with the masses. If you have the ability to either write or reach out to another writer to create the manuscript I think it has a lot of potential. We love cars, we love reclusive millionaires, and we love stories.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

I wouldn't be so sure. I remember reading about the car and the story seems interesting enough to share with the masses. If you have the ability to either write or reach out to another writer to create the manuscript I think it has a lot of potential. We love cars, we love reclusive millionaires, and we love stories.

Thanks, Don. Actually I never even thought of the idea of a movie ABOUT the car and Walter. I think this guy had some connections to getting the car in a movie (as in movie cars/props). Of course, it would be much more interesting to have a movie about Walter! Thanks.

AADaddy

Cool story. This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend once. He's an Import guy. Nothing wrong with that. He's love's his M3. I said to him that he can put all the racing stuff he want's on his car and trick it out as much as possible but he still won't be noticed as much as he would in a Mustang. Case in point we took my 07 GT Convertible that I have modified visually just lightly to look a little more bad ass. Within two hours he had at least 15-20 people comment or stop to talk about my car. In his M3 we get nothing. There is just something about a Mustang. New or old. People just love them and identify with them. Can't wait to get my GT/CS on the road after the work I am doing to bring it back to life. I agree with the others. You've got a really cool story with that car. I've followed it on the forums. Enjoy!