• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti - Order Type

case12

On the Deluxe/Elite Marti Report, there is a line called 'Order Types', followed by various order types - what do the different order types mean?

I noticed almost all the reports in the gallery say "Stock", and one says "Retail". Mine says "Basic Off-Standard Equipment".

Casey

390cs68rcode

I can guess at what they mean
Stock: pre selected by Ford equipment combinations
Retail: Dealer ordered certain trim levels/options
Basic off Standard Equipment: maybe a certain slight upgrade to the base model

ideas anyone?

Mosesatm

I think it was Paul N. who posted an explanation about that a long time ago. I'll see if I can find it.

C160223

i thought it was :

Stock: dealer order for stock
Retail: customer ordered
Basic off Standard Equipment: promotional or event cars?

6t8-390gt

I have Marti Reports on 3 different cars:
"STOCK"
"FLEET"
"LOCAL PROMOTION"

I asked Kevin about the FLEET order in Nashville and he said it was for a customer who had a FLEET account such as a company that bought multiple vehicles throughout the year. Mine FLEET car was not a rental car.

The BOSS 302 Registry recently had a thread on this same topic.

OP
OP
case12

case12

I found this quote from Kevin Marti on another web site:
"A basic order is a space filler; Basic-off standard equipment means that Ford placed the order as a filler but didn't produce a "vanilla" Mustang. Ordinarily, basic orders have common engines and options whereas the off-standard are just that. "
Casey

C160223

so "BASIC" is a Ford ordered car for filler. "BASIC OFF STANDARD" is a Ford ordered, with extra options above standard.? Then "STOCK" is a dealer ordered car for the lot and "RETAIL" would be customer ordered?. Can anybody confirm the stock and retail order type?

I'm guessing "retail" has to be customer ordered? My car is a "Retail" order type and there is no way a dealer or Ford would choose the color combo my car has. It just wouldn't sell.

OP
OP
case12

case12

Russ had responded to the definitions in another thread some time ago. Search on "Order Type". You have it right -

Basic - FORD creates vanilla mustangs hoping to sell them
Stock - Dealer ordered mustangs
Retail - Customer ordered mustangs

Kevin mentioned on another web site that there were 20 different order types. A couple others I know of are:

Fleet - Ordered for fleet use
Promotional - I guess the name speaks for itself

and...

Basic Off-Standard Equipment - Vanilla mustang made by FORD hoping to sell, but with a variation (an example variation mentioned was a large batch of 289's, but one with a 390 would be basic off-standard equipment). I am intrigued by what would trigger off-standard equipment.

I would also be interested if anyone else has something different in their "Order Type" on the deluxe or elite report, or if anyone knows the 20 different types.

Casey