• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another Radio thread

Gregpet

I didn't want to hi-jack the other thread but I'm also seeking a period correct FM radio...

Can someone take a look at the following picture and let me know if you think this will fit in a GTCS. The guy selling the radio says it came out of a 60s vintage Ford truck...

I don't have a console and I actually don't even have an AM radio (the radio was missing when I bought the car).

Thanks!
Greg

ps. I just got my car out of the paint shop so I'm going to post some pictures in my Gallery...

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 58

CougarCJ

That looks like one of the later model ones that is dimensionally correct.

What is the number on the case? I have one that looks just like it. Mine has a number D8AF-19A241-AA.

I think the earlier ones have the correct plug. Mine does not have the vintage plug.

OP
OP
Gregpet

Gregpet

I think I have decided to just go with a period correct AM radio and then add the MP3/iPod connection for music...

Does anyone out there have an AM radio they would like to sell? There are always a few out on Ebay but you never know what your going to get...

Thanks in advance!
Greg

Ruppstang

I think I have 2 or 3 AM originals on the shelf. I would have to check to see if they work. I also am looking for AM - FM Marty

franklinair

AM/FM's show up on E-bay regularly. Not exact for '68's, but close. Kinda pricey for what they are (IMHO).

Neil

OP
OP
Gregpet

Gregpet

I think I have 2 or 3 AM originals on the shelf. I would have to check to see if they work. I also am looking for AM - FM Marty

Marty,

If you have the time to test one of your AM radios out I would love to buy one...At this point I'm just trying to fill the hole in my dash!

Thanks,
Greg

Ruppstang

Greg,
Last weekend I found that I have three 67 AM radios and one 68. The one I have does not work well. I have one in the HCS but don't want to sell it till I find a AM-FM. Sorry I could not help right now. Marty

OP
OP
Gregpet

Gregpet

Greg,
Last weekend I found that I have three 67 AM radios and one 68. The one I have does not work well. I have one in the HCS but don't want to sell it till I find a AM-FM. Sorry I could not help right now. Marty

Thanks for checking.