• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang Day at LACR. New Best Times!!

davidathans

April 30, 2006 was mustang day at LACR and there was alot of people racing there. It was like 90 degrees F at least. Well i got in two passes, one at 11:30am and one at 2:30pm.

The first race:
Well this is my first race with the Holley 750 on the car. I had 15psi in the slicks when they were cold and after the race the pressure increased to 18psi. As you will note from the Yellow colored timeslip(Yellow because i didnt win the race), i had a .107 reaction time with a 1.778" 60ft. time. I left the line at around 2000rpm and just tromped on it. I ran a 12.769 at 105.437mph!! My previous best at LACR was a 12.84 at 105.0mph with a 1.777 60ft. time.

The race itself was a very good race. I was in the left lane and there was a 2006 GT Mustang in the right lane. I jumped on him by a tenth and then about halfway down we were even, and then he pulled on me!!! i was shocked...he ran a 12.509 at 108.831mph with a 1.759" 60 ft. When we made it back to the pit lanes, he came over and shook my hand and said, "that was one hell of a race" His modifications were 4.10 rear end gears, drag radial tires, and a 125HP shot of Nitrous.

Race number 2:

I lined up with a 91 Fox body mustang who red lighted by .191 seconds and still got wasted. I ran a 12.685 at 105.675mph with a 60ft time of 1.754" and a reaction time of .069". Once again it was about a 2000rpm launch and then full throttle all the way. I had lowered the pressure in the slicks to 13psi cold and when i had made the pass i checked it again and it rose to 16.5psi.

So now my best at LACR is a 12.68 !!!

Check out some pictures:

Attachments

• 12.68 at LACR.JPG
    12.68 at LACR.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Valerie Racing.JPG
    Valerie Racing.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 33
  • At the Track.JPG
    At the Track.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 27

CALIF GIRL

David,

I had no idea it was mustang day there...Next time You are going to LACR let me know, I will try and stop by. I live and work close.

case12

David. I am not a racer, so my question might be a dumb one. But, is NOS allowed in the race - seems like apple to orange comparison - NOS and no NOS...of course NOS is going to kick in some hp? My guess is that he hit the NOS when he started to pull away from you? If you had NOS, you could have done the same and beat him? Casey

Mustanger

davidathans said:
April 30, 2006 was mustang day at LACR and there was alot of people racing there. It was like 90 degrees F at least. Well i got in two passes, one at 11:30am and one at 2:30pm.

The first race:
Well this is my first race with the Holley 750 on the car. I had 15psi in the slicks when they were cold and after the race the pressure increased to 18psi. As you will note from the Yellow colored timeslip(Yellow because i didnt win the race), i had a .107 reaction time with a 1.778" 60ft. time. I left the line at around 2000rpm and just tromped on it. I ran a 12.769 at 105.437mph!! My previous best at LACR was a 12.84 at 105.0mph with a 1.777 60ft. time.

The race itself was a very good race. I was in the left lane and there was a 2006 GT Mustang in the right lane. I jumped on him by a tenth and then about halfway down we were even, and then he pulled on me!!! i was shocked...he ran a 12.509 at 108.831mph with a 1.759" 60 ft. When we made it back to the pit lanes, he came over and shook my hand and said, "that was one hell of a race" His modifications were 4.10 rear end gears, drag radial tires, and a 125HP shot of Nitrous.

Race number 2:

I lined up with a 91 Fox body mustang who red lighted by .191 seconds and still got wasted. I ran a 12.685 at 105.675mph with a 60ft time of 1.754" and a reaction time of .069". Once again it was about a 2000rpm launch and then full throttle all the way. I had lowered the pressure in the slicks to 13psi cold and when i had made the pass i checked it again and it rose to 16.5psi.

So now my best at LACR is a 12.68 !!!

Check out some pictures:

David,
Even though you said that the other guy beat you, I still think that you have one hot 'Stang. I mean, anytime you can pull that kind of power from a normally aspirated motor and compete with some of the newer cars gets 2-thumbs-up in my book ...

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Thanks MustangLvr and Mustanger...

Case12...the racing i was doing was just for fun...not in a particular class or anything so NOS is allowed....i was shocked that i got beat, but when he said he used NOS i understood why. I think it was awesome that this guy was racing a new style mustang and runnin 12s! that was the first new body style mustang i've raced. It is funny because i have been wanted to race one of these, but i figured when i did, i would win haha. Now i want to race a new 07 GTCS at the track.

If i ever use NOS it will be a Nitrous Express system with large solenoids capable of jetting from a 100 to a 300hp shot...which i will only use the 100 shot...it just might be enough to put me into the 11s...so im pretty sure, i'll need a roll cage, 5 point seatbelts and racing seats before i can do that...but i might not ever use NOS...i want to do other things to go faster before NOS like...carbon fiber hood, front fenders, rear quarters, Skinny front wheels...all that stuff will cost me mucho dinero, but with it on the car and if i race at a different track, i might be able to run low 12s at closer to 110mph....that is kinda my next future goal.

hookedtrout- ya i had a blast, but i got sunburnt.

Calif Girl...ya for sure i'll let you know, i checked out some pictures of your car in the gallery...its freakin nice!!

I met a guy out there who gave me his business card...he said he has a GTCS with a small block blown! and his sister drives a GTCS too!! i asked him right away if he was on the website and he said no...so i told him to get on it haha

PFSlim

David

This the first time I have checked on this thread. Very interesting stuff you post since most of us are not racers. But it is great you allow us to see into that side. Keep us posted. You have us on the edge of our seat when you tell the tale!!!

Paul