• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Leather upholstery

p51

Every once in a while I see a '68 mustang advertised on ebay as having "leather seats". When I look at the pics it always looks to me like the upholstery is vinyl. Was leather upholstery an option on '68 stangs? Even if it wasn't does anyone know if someone makes aftermarket leather seat upholstery for '68 stangs that match the original pattern? Does anyone have leather upholstery in their car?

390cs68rcode

there is a option when selling a car on ebay for leather seats. I think people have no clue and just think they are leather. There was no option for leather in a Mustang.

there are companies that make leather covers, maybe Arlie knows about them?

Mosesatm

I stumbled across a company once when I was looking for deluxe comfortweave aqua seat covers, so there is at least one out there but I don't know if I could find that site again.

68gt390

I don't know about everyone else but, I sure wouldn't want leather. I'll just stick my good old fashion vinyl. Besides, either of them will cause you to sweat pretty good. I put some of those bead covers on both my cars and they really supprised me. Didn't think they would be that comfortable but, they work pretty good and allow for air flow behind your back and bottom area. :wink:

Don

Mosesatm

Intersting. For carpet they have cut pile, nylon loop, and 80/20 loop.

Anyone know which is original and/or the best looking?