• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD How would you like your GT/CS Decal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm finally (!) about to design the GT?CS Decal for the Registry, and I would like some input as to how you would like it. I know I've asked this before, but there is one thing on my mind....

Should I still make it say "celebrating 35 years 1968-2003", OR should it be a more generic, non-dated decal for registry members? Gold with black lettering & round--just like the old ones??

You see, 2003 is about over, and a decal with "35 yrs." on it will be dated in no time. What do you think??

I'll put the ( updated) production number, etc., like the old ones, too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Part of the $$ will go to the SHELBY children's heart fund (via SAAC).

Paul.

68sunlitgold

Paul,
I think the old style looks great. I actually never thought about the decal saying "35th Ann" but it would date it and a generic one would be a better seller after this year. Although the "35th Ann" decal would be a collectors item as time passed.
Doug

hookedtrout

My windshield still sports your original decal. I would say that if you plan on continuing this tradition and eventually making a 40th anniversary I wouldn't hesitate making this one for the 35th. We could always replace the 35th with the 40th when the time comes. Either way I think it will be great and I will get a couple one for the car and one for a keepsake.

As a side note you should see my check for the 96 registry soon and thanks for taking the time to make the books I thoroughly enjoyed the first and I'm sure this one will even be be better.

Cory

darb

Would you be willing to upload a picture of the two designs you have had in the past? The 35th year anniversary, and the generic one.

I would be willing to offer you lots of good ideas...but I've never seen the decal before!

-Brad

68sunlitgold

Attachments

• windshielddecal.jpg
    windshielddecal.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 14

Talan423

i like the design of the old decal, how about a re-issue of that one?

tom

rjw

I vote with Tom, I like the design of the old one; I like the generic version as opposed to the 35th Anniv.
Richard

BrandonB

I'd buy one of them their thingys, do the old style I like that more then a 35th anniv.

bbeatty

I have to admit, I'm a very greedy person - I want both!! ;D I love the original decal and I hope you do have more of those made. Could the 35th anniversary decal be something in addition to the registry decal? Maybe like a half moon shape that goes below the registry decal or a simple banner type decal? That way we could add or change to the 40th, 50th etc as we all grow old(er) together. ;)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Paul, I can understand how you're itching to make a new design, but I also have to agree that the original is hard to beat.

BrandonB

just because I need to know, are those easy to get off? Incase my mom flips out on me?

darb

Go with the old one! Definitly like it...

Hmm...too bad we couldn't color code them to our vehicles 8)

-Brad

Kurt

This is the first time I have seen the old one, It looks like a keeper to me.

Kurt

OP
OP
G

You guys convinced me....I'll bring back the original round-gold & black design, with an updated production number, and I'll add the "half-moon" stating "35 years Of Making It Happen-1968-2003"; which will be attached at the bottom. Owners can either leave it on, or cut it off, and have just the round decal.

Sooo....I'll get on it right away.

Thanks so much for your ideas and comments--!!!

Paul.

BrandonB

Yes I cannot wait to get my hands on one how much will they run for?

OP
OP
G

HOW ABOUT DESIGNING TWO. ONE WITH THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY AND ONE REGULAR. I WOULD BUY BOTH FOR MY GT/CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.