• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NOS Grille on eBay

Mosesatm

Anyone thinking about bidding on the grille on eBay (see the left side of your screen) may want to look at the large number of negative responses in the seller's history. For some reason the responses are blocked. Sounds fishy to me.

Midnight Special

Arlie, what is the link? I tried looking & couldn't find it. I suspect it's the guy who ripped-off another friend of mine saying it was NOS in original box, arrived as a cheap knock-off, wouldn't refund or even attempt to make good. Same MO... feedback hidden.

Midnight Special

Midnight Special said:
Arlie, what is the link? I tried looking & couldn't find it. I suspect it's the guy who ripped-off another friend of mine saying it was NOS in original box, arrived as a cheap knock-off, wouldn't refund or even attempt to make good. Same MO... feedback hidden.

OK...Found it. Same guy. Don't do it folks!!

68MustangHCS

Talk about calling the kettle black. He advertises that bids aren't accepted from bidders with negative feedback, this guy is loaded with negs...and he's hiding his.

68gt390

I look at it this way. He's hiding his feedback comments and won't accept a bid from anyone with negative feedback or "0" bids - I sure as heck wouldn't buy from him. :nonono2:

I'd kinda like to see the original Ford packaging - I would think it would have a part # some where on the packaging to identify the part that came in it.

Don

68gt390

Just out of curiosity and I don't think I've seen this asked before but, does anybody know if the part # is stamped anywhere on the grille? I have a reproduction on my car.

I also sent the seller a message asking for the part # that was on the original Ford packaging. And if it was a true NOS grille and not a reproduction. The only answer I got was the correct part #. He didn't answer wheather it was NOS or reproduction. Go figure.

Don

mmarsalone

The item location is DFW - Dallas - Fort Worth. Wasn't there a "Mr. Shelby Dallas" on this site in the past that was banned. Didn't he sell his own repro grilles? Could this be the same guy?

68gt390

mmarsalone said:
The item location is DFW - Dallas - Fort Worth. Wasn't there a "Mr. Shelby Dallas" on this site in the past that was banned. Didn't he sell his own repro grilles? Could this be the same guy?

Your exactly correct. That's the guy I bought my reproduction grille from. Had problems initially but, after all was said and done, the grille was a nice reproduction. The only problems with the grille were the marchal light brackets. I replaced them with brackets from Delta Bay Mustang and have had no more problems since. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the DFW reference. If it is the same person, I have no problem buying a reproduction grille if it is stated as such but, he has to know he's hurting his ability to sell to members of this site by blocking his feedback comments. Doesn't make sense to me.

Don

BroadwayBlue

Also, did you notice. Money Order or Cashiers Check only?

While that in itself isn't neccesarily a bad thing but when you add that to everything else it raises more suspicion.

Last edited:

rvrtrash

Probably is the same guy. I noticed his bidders list is also hidden. This guy just seems real fishy to me.
Steve

68MustangHCS

I've talked with this guy in the past. His story is that he bought a few spare GT/CS grilles from a ford dealer, last one he had for sale on here a while back was supposed to be his last one? He doesn't like his feedback to be questioned either. I just wonder if he only accepts cash and money orders, and doesn't want to deal with anyone with negative feedback..then what gives?

L8GR868

Don I bought an Ford grille from the dealership here in town years ago for my car. I still have the original Ford box and grille. I was going to use it but I also bought a grille from MR Shelby Dallas.
Eric

somethingspecial

This guy is a rip off!!!!!

I purchased a grill from this guy in December. I paid more than I should, but figured it was worth it for NOS in Ford Packaging. What I received was a Taiwan copy (I can prove that) with really crappy marshal brackets. It arrived in a wooden box, and no Ford packaging. I tried to settle this with this guy, but he wouldn't even think about a refund. I started a claim with EBay, and it has led nowhere. I got screwed. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY. HE WILL RIP YOU OFF. He even tried to imply he sent the Ford packaging. I did not get this. the grilles are assembled with standard pop rivets. Mike

Last edited:

mikegtcs1968

I purchased a grill and fog lights from Mr shelby dallas last year and they are very nice. He clearly relayed the fact that they where reproduction. Just my 2 cents.

68MustangHCS

L8GR868 said:
Don I bought an Ford grille from the dealership here in town years ago for my car. I still have the original Ford box and grille. I was going to use it but I also bought a grille from MR Shelby Dallas.
Eric

How lucky can you get to go to a ford dealer and find such a hard to find part?
Best thing you can get from the Ford dealer here are keys, oil filters, radiator caps, and solonoids.

Of course, I live in North Carolina...so, I doubt were going to find many vintage parts. I talked with the parts salesman from the Dealership in Wilmington, NC, and he told me about some of the vintage stuff they use to have, but a collector bought out all their vintage parts a while back.

rvrtrash

I've been told that when the Ford dealer here moved to a new location, they went through their parts room and threw everything older than 10 years old in the dumpster. Wish I would've known about it. For that I would have gone dumpster diving.

Steve

L8GR868

This is a 67 grille, It didn't impress me as far as the quality for a Ford part.
I was going to make a GT/CS grille for my car.
Eric