• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Chicago area 68 GT/CS owners?

AADaddy

Greetings. Looking for anyone in the Chicago area with a nice GT/CS that would be willing to let me see your car. I'd like to take a look at some different things to make sure I am restoring my car correctly Any help would be appreciated. Willing to bribe with beer if needed! Ha!:grin:

franklinair

What are you specifly looking for? Lots of info (and photos) here that may help.

Neil

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Well pretty much everything! I'm a hands on person. The pics are helpful but it would be great to see another car in person.

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Thanks. The big issue I have is that my car was in an accident in the front. Looks like the hood, passenger fender, grill and fog lights were all replaced. The grill is out of a 68 and the fog lights are Aris lights. Want to get some really detailed pictures of the grill area and measurements on the fog light mounts. Going to track down a set of Marchal lights for my car and want to get the mounts correct. Can anyone tell me what model number the Marchal lights were? 653? 656?

murf104

We live just South of Springfield, and you are welcome to take a look at whatever you need if no one closer chimes in. Murf

franklinair

Do you have a 'Mustang Recognition Guide' book? Some good data there. New one costs $100+/-, old version cheaper (if you can find a copy).
Marchal lights are tough to find, and very pricey. The Marchal brackets are even tougher. Mike Jewell (somethingspecial) may be able to help with those.

Neil

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

I did read Mike's post about the brackets and bookmarked the site where to get them. Also see that I can modify the 67 grill to work. I need to pick that book up for sure. I see there is a new hard cover version. Do you know if that is the combination of the two previous books?

BigJim

Did you buy the GT/CS that was recently for sale in Elgin?

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Yep, that's me. Needs some TLC. Lot of the parts are not original on the car. It looks like when the car was in an accident they tried to recreate the GT/CS look with whatever parts they could find. The whole grille area is a mess. Aris lights, 68 grill, two different color trim pieces below the fog lights.