• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti Report for HCS

19HCS68

Was wondering what to expect to see on Marti Report for a 1968 HCS. I just got my report today and it doesn't show High Country Special any where on it. It shows an option as California Special. Tag shows DSO 51. Shouldn't it say High Country Special on the report somewhere? ???

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'll have to look at mine when I get home, but California Specials weren't sent to DSO 51, so it automatically makes it a HCS.

hcsstang

On Marti report it has the California Special option .Then at the very bottom it has High Country Special listed. At the Hershey show one of the judges asked me to prove what I had. At first I couldn"t find HCS listed evently I found it. 8)

68sunlitgold

19HCS68,
All GT/CS's and HCS's will say "California Special" option and not HCS. The only way you can tell is if the DSO states "51" (which yours does) then it is a HCS not GT/CS. There where no GT/CS's sold with the DSO of 51. The Marti Report is a reflection of the options available in 1968, and option was called Calfornia Special. The DSO of 51 made any car sold to that area a HCS. Dont' worry your car is a true "HCS".
Doug

bish

For what its worth, like Tom's my Marti report actually says my car is a HCS down at the bottom right above his signature.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I just checked and my report doesn't say HCS either. It lists "California Special" as the first option, then the rest of the options, then the, "Your car was actually produced..." and then Kevin's signature.

Mine is the deluxe report. Is that the same report that you have hcsstang and bish?

OP
OP

19HCS68

I ordered the deluxe version as well. Mine looks like Jons report based on his description. I called them about this and was told to make a copy of report and send it to them with a letter explaining what my question is. I will do that and see what I get back. Those that show the HCS on their report, does it give the statistics of production numbers for HCS? Last but not least, THANKS for your help everyone! ;D

bish

I'm not sure if it lists the production number, If memory serves me correctly it only lists the total number of GT/CS which I assume includes the HCS.
Anyone know if the total GT/CS number on the report includes the HCS?

bish

HCS production was 251 and confirmed by Bob Teets

OP
OP

19HCS68

This question is for those that did say High Country Special on their report. Did you specificly state when you ordered the report that you was wanting to confirm that it was an HCS car?

bish

I don't recall if I told them I was looking to confirm a HCS or not when I ordered the report.

speedy02

does the deluxe report tell you what kind of lights came on the car? Marchal or Lucas

OP
OP

19HCS68

No. The report shows a California Special option to which the fog lights were included in package. From other posts I've read, it seems that there was a cut off date for the Marchal lights and then Ford installed the Lucas lights from then on. I don't know the date myself, maybe someone else here knows. This was caused by the laws in California saying that the Marchals were too bright. ::) No HCS cars were produced with the Marchal lights.

speedy02

Car i am looking at was built on feb 15 and doesn't have the org lights on it. Just wondering if it had Marchal or Lucas.

68gt390

The Marchal lights were used up until April 26, 1968. After that date all GT/CS cars used the Lucas lights. So depending on the build date of your car you could run either light. My particular car has a build date of 15 April 1968 so I can run either light because of the retrofit/recall by Ford to replace the Marchal lights. Hope this helps.

Don :)