• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

am-fm radio for gt/cs

imported_tree

am looking for am-fm factory radio for my car. dont want to put in after market stuff . no am radio up here only fm stations. any information welcomed.p/s any idea want one of these puppies is worth. thanks terry.....................................

390cs68rcode

kinda hard to find. originals go for $400 and up (perogie.com). There are places you can send your AM radio and they will install a fm into it. Supposedly the FM part is hidden and can only be seen when you turn it on.

I have been considering doing the FM hidden thing for awhile. I wish I had a nice spare AM around so I don't have a hole in my dash for a few weeks while they do it. they charge roughly $350 to do the fm thing.

68sunlitgold

Terry,
If you can not find a '68 am/fm you can try to find a '69-late 70 am/fm, most will fit the radio plate. I have a '71 in mine and it looks fine, the only thing that does not fit "perfectly" is the balance lever on the bottom but I just removed it once it was set in the middle.

Doug

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

radio/gt/cs

thanks guys. 400$ for am/fm radio ,glup.i will start looking for a later model for the car. i was also thinking of buying a unit that installs in the trunk so that the original look stays in place . plus the insurance people dont want any after market stuff in the dash area. To many car theifs in B.C i guess.