• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mechanic Referrals Needed (SJ, CA)

szuccaro

I'm looking for a trusted mechanic in the San Jose, CA area who knows classic mustangs - someone who does quality work and will consider side jobs. Any referrals would be appreciated.

Thanks.. Steve

rvrtrash

Hey Rob,

Pssst... Rob. I'll whisper so no one else hears. You might want to pull out a map. San Diego and San Jose aren't exactly close to each other. :wink:

San this, San that. They're all the same to us northerners! :grin:

Steve

somethingspecial

I have always used the term "San something or other in the bay area". LOL

Steve Chapman lives in San Jose area, maybe he can help you. I can't remember his handle here, I think it is "1968spl". Member "P51" also is from the area. Might seek out his advise as well. Good Luck.

Mike

Sarge

If I can recall, there is a Mustang shop on Reed (or Reid) St, Ave, something that was very helpful in SJ. Guys were cool, and could perhaps point you to someone. Also a very high caliber shop in Santa Cruz where the mechanics were willing to work on their weekends (just don't say it came from me...)

Later,
Robert

P

PNewitt

Hey Steve,

About a month ago, you asked me, and I gave you a name of a good mechanic that works on my car(s), which I highly recommended.

He said that you called him, then nothing after that? Why??

This guy is what you want--he's very meticulous about classic cars.

You should give him another try.

Paul N.