• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lower front Valance and Parking Light Assembly?

miller511

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting new front and rear (GT) valances to the paint shop. I'm bringing the old front valance to the paint shop for them to match the paint.

I'm looking at the parking light "buckets" and I don't see how they come apart from the valance.

Maybe I'm not seeing some screws holding this together? What is holding these in? On the new valance there are oblong holes with U shaped tabs on either end.

Thanks, Jeff

PFSlim

Jeff

It has been awhile since I have had mine off but believe they are connected to front valance by screws on backside of the valance. Maybe someone else can provide better direction that has had theirs off more recently.

Paul

somethingspecial

Jeff, The front parking light buckets are two piece. If you undo the two nuts on the back of the assy., then you can pull the light assy out of the bucket. Then the outer bucket, which slides over the inner bucket, can be removed, than the inner bucket will slide out the front of the valance. I hope this isn't confusing. A lot of times, as soon as you undo the two nuts, everthing will sort of fall apart. If you have any questions, Let me know. Mike

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Thank Paul and Mike.

When I got to the body shop, the guy took the two nuts off the back and the whole thing came apart. I just couldn't visualize it being an outer and inner bucket until it came apart.

-Jeff