• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Need .wav sound files of CS engines, wheels squealing, etc. for GT/CS Song.

P

PNewitt

HEY!!

It's GT/CS Project #498, but I have a good friend, named Rachael, in Melbourne, Australia, that is a musician. She is making a GT/CS Song for the DVD that goes with the book.

She does all kinds of computer music, remixing, and original stuff. She even plays guitar! She sent me a sample of her work, and it's awesome! We're going to do a song that is a little bit like a cross between typical 60's rock, and a "View to a Kill--sounding Bond" music; and it's a remix type song..with a really good beat (and it won't be too hip-hop; very nice, but edgy). You'll be able to play this song in your CS as you go along the road...(how many Musclecars have THAT?).

We're going to include some real sounds of GT/CSs' engine and wheel sounds mixed into the background sounds...and words from the advertising back then, too. We'll use those .wav file sounds as sampling for the song.

I DO have a few sounds of Joe's white CS, but if anyone has the time, equipment and ability to make a few .wav files for me
(no more than ten seconds each), you can PM me here first, and then you can e-mail my address with the files.

Of course, you'll get credit for your efforts.

Thanks!!

Paul.

somethingspecial

Gosh Paul, Why didn't you think of that at the last BBQ? All you had to do is tape the cars leaving the BBQ and you would be able to have all the Rumbles, tire squealing, and cheering you would have needed. LOL
Mike

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I do have Joe leaving the BBQ...on digital media.

I was wondering if anyone else had some cool stuff, and available as a .wav file(s).

There are places on the net where you can buy car sounds, but I want the real thing (and I'm too cheap to buy them). Besides, some people can hear the difference between a Chevy 350 and a 302 Ford. I can hear an FE a mile away.

I want this right.

Paul N.

joedls

I think you need a sound file of what it sounds like inside of an 07 GT/CS with a Roushcharger and CAI at wide-open throttle. The blower whine is awesome!!! I'll get it to you as soon as I can. :cool:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

awesome!

What? And no afterburners??

Very Cool!! Thanks, Joe!!

joedls

Paul,

I have the ability to record in either 16 bit or 24 bit .wav files, or 64,96,128,160,192,224,or 320 kbps mp3 files. Which would you prefer?

Joe

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hmmm....Let me get back to you--I need to consult with my musician expert..in OZ..

Paul.