• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Trunk decals

JGFRANCK

I want to install the decals on inside of my trunk lid, and I want to make sure I put them in the right place. There are three sections on the inside of the trunk lid, one big area in the middle where I think the jack instruction decal goes. then there are two smaller sections one on each side. I think the small silver Ford Motor Co.section 108 decal goes in the smaller section on the right facing the trunk. Can someone check to see if this is right?
Thanks, Joel

gtcs1

I want to install the decals on inside of my trunk lid, and I want to make sure I put them in the right place. There are three sections on the inside of the trunk lid, one big area in the middle where I think the jack instruction decal goes. then there are two smaller sections one on each side. I think the small silver Ford Motor Co.section 108 decal goes in the smaller section on the right facing the trunk. Can someone check to see if this is right?
Thanks, Joel
Hi Joel,

It's inversed to what you mentionned.

In the middle section, located at about 1.5 inch above the bottom of this section, there is the Ford Co decal (bottom of decal is at 1.5in.).

On the right portion, there is the Jack instruction.

I can send you picture of my trunk lid, still bearing its original decals. Just send me your email address so I can send a jpg.

Last edited:

gtcs1

Hi Joel,

Just sent 4 pictures, from my car (58K original miles) and from another GT CS with 14K original miles. Hopes it helps

rvrtrash

Can I suggest someone post the pics in the restoration section for future reference?

Steve

gtcs1

Here are thre photos for these 2 decals, from my car Highland Green with 58K original miles (8R01C1571XX) and another car with 14K miles I had picture of (VIN unknown).

I added the thread in RESTORATION section for future reference

Attachments

• Graduation Helene Sec 5   juin 2007 001.jpg
    Graduation Helene Sec 5 juin 2007 001.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 25
  • Graduation Helene Sec 5   juin 2007 002.jpg
    Graduation Helene Sec 5 juin 2007 002.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Graduation Helene Sec 5   juin 2007 003.jpg
    Graduation Helene Sec 5 juin 2007 003.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 25
  • ed_1.jpg
    ed_1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

J_Speegle

Might I suggest that people post when the cars were built (door tag info or just the VIN) since the location can vary. Might be a shift/worker thing or a running change but don't think its best to copy a car that was build many months different from yours. Looks like the two previous cars are different from one another

Here is some for comparison

8R01R1580xx
CalSpec8R01R158074TrunkLid2.jpg

8R01J16xx
CalSpecTrunkLid2.jpg

Likely their application is similar or the same as the regular Mustangs built at San Jose. Have plenty of those (30K pictures currently) but don't need to confuse this any more than needed

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Here are some pics of mine also for comparison. Looks like the guy on my production line was a little bit sloppy. :smile:

These are from my unrestored '68 HCS. VIN = 8R01C170384 with build date 17U (July 17)

Attachments

• HCS trunk1.jpg
    HCS trunk1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 22
  • HCS trunk sticker1.jpg
    HCS trunk sticker1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 17
  • HCS trunk sticker2.jpg
    HCS trunk sticker2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 24

rvrtrash

I never put my trunk stickers back on after my paint job, but I seem to recall the smaller of the two being on the edge like the yellow one in Jay's pictures, but on the right of the latch, instead of the left. My VIN is 161112. Have you seen any like that Jay?

Steve

J_Speegle

I've not seen any of the Federal stickers to the left on a San Jose car in 68-70 that I recall. Will double check through the database