• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS sighting!

rvrtrash

I've been spending the weekend rebuilding a retaining wall in front of my house. I was on my way to buy more wall blocks when I spotted an Acapulco Blue CS on the side of the road. Believe it or not, my first thought was "Hey, Arlie's in the area", and I pulled over. Alas, it wasn't Arlie but a couple that was having carb trouble and was in the process of having the car loaded on a flat bed. I didn't know there was another CS close but this one was passed from a father to his daughter and apparently spent most of it's time in a garage. I didn't get any info from them, 'cause they were kind of busy, but gave them my number and the website here and asked them to check in. Hopefully we hear from them.

Steve

hookedtrout

Nice, another Acapulco Blue CS in Idaho. I was sure reading your post that you were going to be the carb repairman and save the day. Guess they didn't have time.

Cory

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Nice, another Acapulco Blue CS in Idaho. I was sure reading your post that you were going to be the carb repairman and save the day. Guess they didn't have time.

Cory

Hey Cory, haven't heard from you in a while. How have you been? I would've been glad to help them out but as I pulled up they were hooking up the cable to load it and I didn't think the tow truck driver would've appreciated me getting in the way. The husband didn't look real happy either and was watching the driver real close. The constant joys of old cars! :grin:

Steve

hookedtrout

I've been busy as all get out in my new management position. I used to have time at work as a Superintendent to catch up on here quite frequently but not so in the new position. Managing the place keeps me up in the middle of the night on the phone making decisions, in early, staying late and never getting caught up on the things I need to do at home. Being a do it myself kind of guy I've had to take a new approach, I guess making the big bucks helps because hiring everything done cost's a small fortune.

The wife doesn't know what to think when she has a problem with something and I tell her to call a repairman because I've always fixed it, built it, modified it or what ever it needed. She called me the other day at work and said the washing machine was leaking, I had one delivered that afternoon. Probably a $45 pump and I'll get to it in time but a new one showed up before I got home. I decided awhile ago I needed a sprinkler system as I was tired of moving sprinklers, just couldn't get to it so I forked out $5000 for a sprinkler system, sure is nice not having hoses everywhere, just wish I had more time to mow it instead of spending the weekend doing it. Oh well I have the next two weeks off and I plan on fishing and relaxing.

How have you been? Hitting the river in the raft much this summer? Sure is a hot one down here.

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I took my boat down the Lochsa a couple of weeks ago and am leaving in a few weeks for my week long Salmon trip. I have a day trip in Alberton Gorge scheduled for the first part of August, if there's enough water left. I've been kind of swamped myself so haven't got away as much as I like. I'm booking a trip down the Grand Canyon next year though. Want to come?

Steve